There are a number of situation where we will end a process, or timeout. You can read about some of them here.
- Wait for 30 seconds. If the transfer is still unanswered, we make the initiator aware by speaking “Transfer was unsuccessful” and redirect back to the hold main menu
- If neither the recipient nor the company has a voicemail box, we will consider the warm transfer as failed if the initiator hung up and the recipient did not pick up. We disconnect the call if this case
- We wait 30 seconds for the transfer to be picked up before we return the unanswered transfer back to the originator
- If the originator doesn’t pick up in time (based upon personal or company voicemail delay), we send the customer to that voicemail if it exists
- If we attempt to go to personal/company voicemail and one does not exist, we will instead go to a text-to-speech voicemail fallback after 30 seconds: “Sorry, this company has not yet set up a voicemail box” and the call will be disconnected.
- When we initiate the B-leg of a placed call (from the IO Phone number to the customer’s number), we will wait 90 seconds for them to pick up before explicitly hanging up.