Create an API token
1. Go to the API section under Settings (must be using admin account)
2. click Add New
3. click generate for an API token, and copy to clipboard
4. it is recommended that you put the IP addresses of the servers making api calls in the restriction
Grant access permissions
1. Go to the permissions section when editing an api token
2. Grant access to the appropriate areas this API profile will be using.
Common ones include Settings Rental Inventory, Settings Categories, Customers, and Leads.
For creating leads, you'll need Full Access Customer and Lead access.
Test it by getting a list of your rentals
2. Paste your API token at the end of the URL
Success - You get a list of rental details (json encoded)
Failure - API key not provided
Failure - API key not found (you typed your key wrong)
Failure - You don't have permission (see the permissions tab of the API worker profile)
Need more details returned?
You can often add _body=true to a GET call to retrieve more info, but the request may take a little longer.
We have a rate limit per API key of 300 calls in 300 seconds. If you hit the limit your requests will be rejected until enough time passes that you are under limit again. The rejection is html code 429 Too Many Requests. Our support team is notified when this occurs via an automated email. Only one email is sent per hour regardless of the number of rejected calls.