InflatableOffice currently has an implementation to help you with the Admission and Amusement Tax if you are servicing Maryland events. To use it, you would first turn Amusement Tax on in Tax Settings. Here is how it then works.
- We use the city, county, and sometimes zip code for leads with a Maryland venue address to find the tax rate and subdivision.
- We add an AA Tax fee with the subdivision to the lead for the tax total. This is not something the user can manipulate. It is also recalculated every time the lead is saved based on the current state of the lead.
- The tax is calculated per Maryland's requirement regarding sales tax and amusement tax.
- All rental items are used to calculate the tax.
- Line item discounts on rental items are removed before calculating the tax and any global discounts are proportionally removed.
It should be noted that we do not monitor changes to the AA Tax. If there are rate, subdivision, or other changes, it is the responsibility of the user to communicate with us so we can determine if we can make the changes.
When it comes time to reporting, you can build a report as shown below and apply it to a filtered set of leads. Most likely you would want to filter the date range and status of the lead at least.