IO phone cost

Ryan F. shared this question 16 months ago
Answered

Can someone help explain to me the cost per segment in texting with IO?

Comments (3)

photo

IO phone is $65/mnth +$50/mnth per employee line if more than 100 minutes (or segments of text). So. To have one line you're looking at a minimum of $115/mnth. $65 will let you send automated text but the moment they respond or you respond to them more than 100, you'll be billed $50. If you add a second person answering phones/text it's an additional $50.

HOWEVER, anything over $65/mnth is on a monthly basis so if during July you have 3 people answering phones but in Dec you only have one. You're only paying for what you use. It's not 3 lines year round.

Hope that makes sense.

photo

OK thanks. Is that $65 per month per line? Also isn't there an additional charge for amount of minutes used or amount of segments or text used?

photo

$65/month just to have IO phone. Then $50/mth per person (employee able to use the number for text or answer phones). so you'll pay a minimum of $115/mnth as long as you're using it. HOWEVER. if you have a slow month (say Jan) and no one sends a text or answers a call, you'll only be billed for $65. You're only billed the $50/mnth per person using the line IF they use more than 100 text segments/minutes of talk. (they don't do segments anymore it's all or nothing on the $50.

Example: I pay $65/mth to have my business number through IO phone (this also allows me to send automated text). April-Nov my wife and I both answer phones totaling more than 100 minutes each month. This means I pay $65 for IO phone and $50/person which brings my total to $165/mnth. Jan-Mar only one of us answers the phone more than that 100 segment limit so I pay $115/mnth for those months.

Does that make sense? I'm not sure how better to explain it through text. Maybe IO can jump in and have a better way of explaining it. I'll attach an image and see if that helps

photo
photo

Hey Ryan, we actually just changed the billing a little bit. Going forward there is now 1 free phone user each month.

Here is the article on pricing. Please let me know if that doesn't clarify well enough! IO Phone - Pricing

Leave a Comment

Attach a file