shared inventory

Ryan F. shared this question 18 months ago
Answered

I have shared inventory, and they have shared it with me, but neither of us can find the shared inventory. how can we find it in IO

Comments (1)

photo

If you go to your inventory page there's a pre-built filter in the search bar called "My Shared Items"

photo

Yes I see those filters. But I still can't see the items that have been shared with me from another vendor

photo

You would have to add their items as "vendor items" and then you would pull it up that way

https://rental.software/support/knowledge-base/article/sharing-inventory-through-vendors

photo

does that pull the info from their item or do I need to recreate it completely like a new item?

photo

So the link above only seems to be if they haven't shared it with you. The item has already been shared and I don't won't to recreate it. It says I can search for it, but I don't see the item they shared with me and they can't see the item I shared with them

photo

If the vendor shared items with you...you should be able to go to the vendor and see what items they shared with you. I know this doesn't always work and then you have to individually create your own vendor items, unfortunately

photo

Ok, it is not working at all for two different companies that have shared items with me. I get the email and click on it and it takes me to the page to add a vendor. But it is not pulling that vendors info, so I have to enter it in manually. how does IO know that it is linked to a specific vendor in their system? I don't think it does because I am entering all the info. If I have to recreate their item in my system from scratch, how does IO know it is connected their item and avoid the issue of double booking?

photo

You would need to mark it out of inventory if you are sharing the item and it's promised that day

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file