Making filters for specific package

Ricky O. shared this question 56 days ago
Answered

I have packages built on my website/backend for each individual unit. However is there a way to make a filter for specific categories that if put together there is a discount/package created. Example: if a bounce house goes with a yard game then the two individual prices are added together and then 5% is automatically deducted. I have tiered pricing in the bounce house category, but since I could not figure this out all of my packages that I have built are just a generic price for the yard game. I've tried this in the past, but I must not have created the right filter. I was hoping that you all could help set that up for me or at least tell me which variables need to be set in the filter. Thank you.

Comments (5)

photo

Here's how you set up packages...(with article) Create the package as a rental item name. Give it a price. and then add what they get with the package as "required" accessories. So for example. For a bounce house and yard game it normally would cost $500 total. You can set the price for the package for $475. Here's an article to help with this:

https://rental.software/support/knowledge-base/article/packages_1

photo

I appreciate you getting back to me. That is how I have it now. However, if yard games are different prices, which is what I want them to be then making the package at a specific price gives some items an even bigger discount. I just want bounce house category + yard game category = (total×.05) for example.

photo

Got it. You could set up filters like you said that would say something like:

Rental Category contains Bounce House

AND

Rental Category contains Yard Game

Then set this up w/ a promo to give the % off

Here's an article on this....and let us know if you need help!

https://rental.software/support/knowledge-base/article/promotions-and-fees

photo
photo

Ricky. Here's how you'd set it up. (Note: this will cost you one inventory item per "package" as Io will not count it as a package. I'll try to explain a long the way

Create your package that will show on website: I assume you want people to choose items so you'll create new rental items that are in the hidden category. Call it something like choose 1 bounce house. And a second called choose 1 yard game. In each add the appropriate rentals as accessories. In the advance accessories settings. Limit the number to 1 (different than required on each). Also do not override the price. By not overriding the price this becomes a rental item BUT because it's in the hidden category it won't count (make sense).

One the 2 choose... Items are created add them as accessories to the primary package item as accessories. Require 1 for each. Don't put any pricing in here. Which kinda sucks because that's what will show on your site too.

Now you have a package on your site that will be easy for customers to find and choose items.

In the back end. Create a filter that captures leads with that package on it (filter stated above).

In promos and fees. Create a special (packages are being phased out). Use the filter as both the requirement and the rental optional filter (makes sure the discount only applies to that item). On the award, choose the discount you want to give.

Now when someone orders that package the special will automatically apply and they get to choose the items on a dedicated page.

photo

Chad, as always, you're the man. I believe I have something similar set up, but I am using the price override so I have made each inflatable it's own package which was very time consuming. I like how you just explained that. I will test it. Thank you very much.

photo

The downside is pricing on the website. I hide zero dollar prices and then manually add it at the top of the description

photo

Also, you can checkout how it works on my site with the queens package. Use "test account" as the organization

photo

Thank you. I did the test lead. You've done some great work on your website. I really appreciate you helping out again. I'm going to dive into what you said and test it out.

photo

I submitted. However, I got an error because I was out of your delivery range and missed one question, delivery type. I think you should have still gotten a partial lead notification if I'm not mistaken.

photo

And 1 question while making the filter. If I do "rental category" for both bounce house and yard games will it actually pull data correctly because the "choose 1 bounce house" is "hidden" category along with "choose yard game."

photo
photo

I don't see a test on my account. Did you submit the form or miss a question?

photo

The out of range shouldn't matter but the missed question may not have submitted. I don't think I get partials without having the multi step checkout. 

photo

I'm not 100% but I am about 90% it will. it should because the rental item that's assigned to the category is assigned to the filtered category. 

Leave a Comment

Attach a file