How to Split Payment Over Multiple Leads

Corey L. shared this question 23 days ago
Answered

I have a customer that booked two different events but sent a single check to cover the deposit on both. Is there a "proper" way to enter the check's full amount and "split" the amount over multiple leads? TIA

Comments (1)

photo

just post the payment for event 1's deposit enter check number and what info you want

then do event 2 same way.

then you will be good

the client will get an email for each payment if you have that turned on to show the full payment for the check was posted

photo

That's what I ended up doing... but was hoping there was a way I could enter the check in its entirety (as a single payment) and then split the balance. It's not that critical, I just don't like the idea of a payment amount not matching the check.... could make auditing later on a bigger hassle

photo

Thanks Susan! I'm in the process of setting this up, and the email template doesn't appear to be working properly. Two issues: (1) I cannot find it in the dropdown templates in the email area, even though it's marked "active". (2) When I click "email statement" from the organization area, the default template loads into the email window instead of the modified one I made.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!

photo

The email template you would want to use for account statements on the organizations page would be the Customer - Invoice (Account Statement) automatic email. The manual email will not pull the correct information based off of the organization.

You would want to go to Settings-->Email Center-->Open the automatic email and mark it as active. You will then see the email template populate when you select from the email bar or when you click the 'email statement' button within the organization.

photo

I did use that template... my issues above were based on it...

photo

Did you use the statement email template to edit? I would save a copy of the statement email in the Center. Then edit the template...and make that one active

photo

I think I see what is happening. Instead of pressing Email Statement down by the events area...go to the top of the page and use the email icon. When you choose the statement email here it is updated. We will let a developer know the Email Statement button doesn't give us same results

photo

I would... except it's not in the drop-down as an option

photo

I marked the automatic email template as active. When I click the email button while having an organization open I do see the email template available to select. Are you able to refresh you page and take a look?

photo

yes... but now there's an issue with the variables apparently :/

photo

... although the test email sends fine from the template, the email template isn't filling out

photo

actually... it appears that NONE of the templates are working from inside an organization

photo

Post screenshots. It will help us figure out what's going on

photo

Yes if you could please send a screenshot example so we can see what you error you are receiving.

Thank you!

photo

1) If I click the email center and select the template called "Customer - Invoice (Account Statement):

7b050ca3bd09c00a03e5d687e2e11e12

2) If I click "Email Statement at the bottom of the listed events (appears to now be working, whereas before it was pulling in the wrong template:

61a868f861a9c64e738e62ee34b8fa98

photo

Clicking the 'Email Statement' button within the organization is the proper way to use the account statement email template.

Clicking the email icon on the top right within the org will not pull the information properly into the variables.

photo

Oh... so this is more of an "undocumented feature" than a bug? lol... no worries. We'll work around it for sure

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file