Is it possible to charge two different prices for the same item?

Teausha M. shared this question 11 months ago
Answered

I want to be able to price certain items differently. For example, I have two separate funnels for folks that want to rent tables and chairs for weddings and events vs. backyard parties. I would like to be able to send funnel A to the $5/chair and funnel B to the $2/chair. But I need it to be the same chair so that the inventory is not being double booked.

Comments (1)

photo

Yes...this can be accomplished with filters and conditional pricing. Here is an article on that:

https://rental.software/support/knowledge-base/article/conditional-pricing_1?search=93082418c8cf3ed12729c310d507ec98

photo

Can you explain further how to achieve this with filters and conditional pricing? It would seem that I'd need to list the same item twice at two different price points for what i'm describing.

photo

Are you wanting these different price points to show on your site? You could set them up like packages. The package could be like "Tables and Chairs for weddings" and "Tables and chairs for backyard parties". You would add the tables and chairs as accessories to each package (to prevent double booking) and price the packages accordingly.

Here is an article about how to create packages if you are interested.

photo

Thank you!

photo

So I've created a package to test and put it in the hidden category since these prices should only be customer facing when sent directly by me via my funnel. I cannot find a page for the item when listed as a package though. How am I able to direct only a select few to these prices without a page link?

photo

If you make the package hidden it won't show up at all?? I would take out of the Hidden category

photo

Hello- I'm having the same question, but unclear on how to actually set up the pricing. I have one rental that has two different pricing options. The options depend on whether the customer wants to rent the inflatable as a dry slide or wet slide. Do I need to create two different inventory items or is there a way to use 1 inventory item with 2 pricing options? if so- how do i create this in the filter settings?

Editing to add- I used the conditional pricing support page, but still haven't been able to figure out the correct fields to input.

photo

David, are you just doing different pricing for wet or dry?

photo

The best way for something like this would be to set up a dry slide and a wet slide and price them two ways...then link them as a parent/child item so they are showing as the same item. You wouldn't need conditional pricing for this.

Here is an article w/ video:

https://rental.software/support/knowledge-base/article/child-items

photo

Thank you Susan!!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file