Sending MMS Texts With IO Phone

Josh T. shared this question 12 months ago
Answered

Can I send photos over text through IO Phone? I seen in the knowledge base that you can reply to text messages from the email notifications and do it that way. But what if I do not have an incoming text message to reply to? I need to be able to send customers photos if necessary and currently I have one where they have not texted me first to do it this way. Can I do it manually from email?

Comments (2)

photo

Currently doesn't work. You'd have to send a link to the photo online, but I hear they're working on it.

photo

That's what I was afraid of. As a new company, paying $65 a month for a VoIP line for myself that can't do what some free options can regarding texting, it's really hard to keep at times. I switched from Google Voice to IO phone but most of my communication is from text messages, not phone calls. I love the integration aspect and history tied to customers but it's almost more work than it needs to be just to check your text messages

photo

I find most of my customers don't mind a link to an image. Depending on how many images you have, you could create a note with each link and then copy that link to send.

photo
photo

you can get photos from clients once you send to them and they reply but you cant go the other way..

I just tested it and im guessing Chad that has to do with the ability of staff to send pics back to IO to attached to orders?

photo

Well according to the knowledge base you're supposed to be able to, but you have to do it and attach it through the email response that sends as a text.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file