Featured Products - Rearrange Order

Richard J. shared this question 17 months ago
Answered

Could you please provide instructions on how to rearrange the "Inflatable Office Featured Products" widget that is used on a front page for example.

I can easily see how to add/delete categories but there is nowhere to rearrange the order of those categories displayed.

Note that this is different to any of the settings found in "display order" in IO

Comments (1)

photo

Hello Richard,

I just want to verify, you are trying to rearrange the order the categories show in on your website? If that is the case, this can be done by going to the IO software, Settings-->Categories. You can rearrange the order with the up and down arrows to the right side of each category.

Thank you

photo

dang, didn't think about the order in category settings

photo

No. I'm trying to rearrange the "Featured Products" - not the categories.

Changing the category order in the setting advised does not alter the order of the "Featured Products". In addition - not all of the categories in the setting you mention are even displayed in our "Featured Products"

This is the closest article with relation to the "Featured Products" but it does not advise how to change the order: https://rental.software/support/knowledge-base/article/wordpress-featured-productscategories-tool

photo

This can be done in Settings-->Display Order, here is the article that reviews.

photo

This is not correct as per my two original threads.

None of those display order settings control the FEATURED PRODUCTS widget.

photo

Can you please provide an example/screenshot of the "Featured Products" you are trying to rearrange?

photo

Same as the support link I already sent earlier: https://rental.software/support/knowledge-base/article/wordpress-featured-productscategories-tool

As you can see in the toolbar shown in the support video - there is no option to reorder, only add or delete categories or inventory

4bc412e40f8a1e5de9315d6c44f087ca

photo

Thank you for providing, just wanted to be sure we were all on the same page. I'm moving this up to developers for review, you'll be updated when done.

Thanks!

photo

Update from web developer on this issue: I used display order to change the positions and it does work. Just takes a while to update on the site.

So it is confirmed to change the order of the featured products go to Settings-->Display Order.

photo

Define "a while to update" ?

These ones will not update.

N.B. i did see that you'd reordered one and I moved it back - so the theory does work...but these rows do not seem to be updating

985097acff75e3369dc91f57a12f3488

9b14244c479cba319139dc1f0387c6f7

photo

???

photo

There appears to be an issue w/ this currently, developers are working on a fix. You will be updated when we have this resolved.

Thanks!

photo

When will this be resolved? The more categories we add, the more jumbled our order becomes and we need it addressed.

Please let me know

photo

Sorry, we don't have a timeframe on this yet

photo

This remains unresolved.

We would appreciate someone actually looking into it and fixing it

Please advise

photo

Richard I'm very sorry for the delay on this issue, I have updated developers of your inquiry on this again and pushed the urgency to get this corrected.

photo

Good morning...we've woken up to a broken website!! Please advise immediately what is happening - all menus and product categories are not displaying!

photo

See attached and advise asap

photo

Developers are working on this and it will be fixed in a few mins.

photo

Thank you. Please confirm when resolved and IF the initial problem has been fixed

photo

I just checked and it seems to be back up and running!

photo

Yes. Thank you *phew* however the ordering problem doesn't seem to have been resolved.

Can you advise status on that

photo

I just looked at the ticket and it was updated 6 hrs ago this is still being worked on.

photo

Hi Richard, developers have advised the issue w/ the display order is now fixed.

photo

Thank you. Appreciated

photo

You're very welcome!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file