Packing List Shared Library

Chad B. shared this idea 16 months ago
New

A couple of us have been wanting IO to create a shared library of some different things. Packing list was one of them. So I'm going to add a couple links here to packing lists code that you can use. I'll try and add images of what they look like as well.

If you have one you'd like to add, post the files in a comment below.

To Use One:

1. Download the txt file and open
  2. Open IO and navigate to settings>packing list templates
  3. Click "Add new Template"
  4. Click "</>" to enter code view
  5. Copy all of the code out of the txt file and paste in to the code view of the new template.
  6. Save and close.
  7. Re open the template to edit template variables that may not be usable in your account.

Comments (1)

photo

I messed up. Try this code for the Table

photo

Hello Chad, WOW ! thank you SO MUCH for sharing those 2 templates. they look GREAT

By any chance, did you try using the group packing list variable on a template for an event ? i would need to print a packing list with grouped items for some events (per event and not per vehicule)

photo

I haven't But I'm pretty sure that is a vehicle feature only. It's actually a template variable which means I can't manipulated it at all like I can other things.

photo

This is awesome, thanks so much for sharing this. I am completely lost - but trying to see how things work and trying to edit my vehicle packing lists. However, I was able to add your table packing list from above. When I click on packing list templates its there- but when I go into delivery routing - I do not see that packing list. Where can I find it - from a lead? - it isn't pulling up on a lead either. Do you know where I can find it?

photo

You'll need to post a screenshot of what you're seeing. It could just be that you don't have a checkbox clicked when printing from the route planner. or you may not have set it as default. IDK without an image.

photo

isabelle.. i am like chad i do packing list per item not grouped..

here is my reason>>>

if you move stuff from one truck to another or something happens and you need to pull an item off the truck etc you know what to remove and reload or put away.. if its grouped them the staff has a better chance of sending out the stuff that didnt need to go or if you have staff loading all the supplies for the units grouped, but lets say it one packing list but 2 trucks then there could be issues... if they each have what they need seperated out our staff does better

photo

thank you Greg. I understand what you are saying but for our operations; we really need the group packing list

photo

I would love to speak to one of you rental professionals on how you use IO for deliveries and packing lists. Not getting much help from them and I think maybe talking to one of you would be invaluable. If you are willing please reach out to me, I would love to have a phone conversation with someone in the business actually using the software.

photo

Michelle, I posted this video a while back that covers pretty much everything you need to know about scheduling deliveries and workers. Be sure to read the comments for a few things I missed in the video.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/609192753627370/permalink/848998789646764/

photo

Oh yeah! That's a fantastic video, I learned a lot from it.

photo

thank you Casey, i will go and have a look as soon as i get accepted in the group. Didn't know there was another IO user group.... :)

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file