Cannot Save Categories - No "save changes" prompt

Liam S. shared this question 5 days ago
Answered

I'm trying to re-arrange our categories to allow for easier browsing on customer side, but even after I use the arrows to adjust the order, no change is reflected, and I do not see a save prompt. Can someone assist?

Comments (1)

photo

Are you changing the order under Settings-->Display order?

photo

I am attempting to change the order through the "Categories" page (click on the cog, then categories). I've been using the arrows to re-arrange items as I'd like them to appear on our website (when customers hover "products") - The help page mentions there should be a "save changes" or similar button that appears when I re-arrange categories, but I do not see that. There is no prompt for me to save either.

photo

You can re-arrange your categories on your website by going to Settings-->Display Order->WordPress: (https://tottevents.com/)

From here you can then drag and drop the categories in the order you prefer. Once finished, click Save & Close.

You can then sync these changes made by going to Setting-->WordPress-->https://tottevents.com/

Click the "Force Sync Now" button. It can take some time for the sync to complete.

Let us know if you have any questions.

photo

Will I need to stay on the WordPress page with the "Sync in Progress" greyed out? It's been like that for about 10 minutes.

photo

No you do not need to wait on that page.

photo

Gotcha. I have followed Brittany's instruction, but the products page still appears the same. To confirm, I'm at the homepage, then hovering over the products tab. The arrangement of the categories is not correct, and there is one category missing as well.

photo

I see. I will need to add those/edit the order on the backend of Wordpress. Give me a few minutes!

photo

Sounds good, thanks a million!

photo

I have made the changes but this may take a while to update, but I will let you know once the changes are displaying!

photo

Awesome, thank you! I'll be in 'til 5pm EST - If it doesn't happen before then, no worries, I'll make a note for tomorrow.

photo

Sounds good! I appreciate your patience!

photo

The order is now displaying correctly!

photo

Wonderful, thank you so much! Case closed :)

photo

You are very welcome. Glad I could help!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file