How to add honeypot or recaptcha v2 and v3

Luis C. shared this question 17 days ago
Answered

I have recieved hundreds of Contact Request from the same person, they just change email and phone number. I have tried adding the recaptcha v2 and v3 and possibly honeypot to my contact form but I don’t know what step I am doing wrong and have not been successful. Can someone help me with that as soon as possible? I keep getting the contact request from that bot or person every 5 minutes for the last 48 hours I believe. Thanks!

Comments (5)

photo

The honeypot field on the contact form in your footer has been fixed. We added a honeypot to your main contact form. We also blacklisted that customer on your lead list. This may need to be done several times since this person/bot used different contact details.

There is more information about blacklisting here: https://rental.software/support/knowledge-base/article/blacklisting-a-customer

photo

Do I have other options other than blacklisting dozens or hundreds of emails? I don’t understand how there is not another way to avoid this bot or spam. Is the recaptcha not working?

The honeypot is not working. I am still receiving contact request emails every five minutes from this same bot/spam.

photo

Please I need this solved, I have recieved hundreds, probably a thousand contact requests since. I can not blacklist every single time. I asked for recaptcha v2 and v3 be installed on my contact form to see if that works. Please call me to get this solved immediately. I called yesterday after sending an email, I was told this will get seen immediately. Nothing has changed, I have called many times this morning and no answers.

photo
photo

Do I have other options other than blocking hundreds of emails or phone numbers? This bought or person it keeps spamming my contact form. 

The honeypot did not work, I have received probably 100 emails after honey pot. Please I need a better solution for this other than manually blacklisting. 

Respectfully,

Luis Corona

JumpMaster Bounce House 

214-334-6862

photo

We had a developer manually block the offending IP address. Please let us know if you continue receiving more spam leads from this user.

photo

Thank you so much!!! Wow what a relief. Yes that has stopped it. I really appreciate what y’all did.

photo

You're welcome! Sorry for the delay in getting this resolved. Let us know if you need anything else.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file