How do I get the system to keep track of chair availability

Shane D. shared this question 20 days ago
Answered

I have two inventory items, "6 ft table and 6 chairs" and "8 ft table and 8 chairs". When someone books one of them, it still shows I have the same amount of chairs even though it should be 6 or 8, or whatever they choose, short, I tried making them related (relationship) and was told it won't work and I needed to add them as accessories. That did not work either.

Comments (6)

photo

You have to have an item called chairs, an item called 6ft tables and an item called 8ft tables.

Then you create "packages" with these items.

Package one would be called 6ft table and 6 chairs. in the accessories area add the chairs and 6ft table table and then require 1 table and 6 chairs. Link qty and override price.

Do the same thing for the 8ft table package. require 1 8ft table and 8 chairs. link qty and override price.

photo

I will give this a try! Thanks

photo

Yes exactly what Chad said. You will need to create each item separately (chairs, 6ft table & 8ft table). Put the correct quantity of each item that you have when building these rental items. You will then create a package that is called 6ft table & 6 chairs then add the correct number of items that the package includes in the accessory section. You will do the same thing for the 8ft table and chairs. Here is an article that goes over packages. Let me know if you have anymore questions!

photo

Is there a way someone can look and see if I am a complete moron or not? I built the package like you said, and it still shows I have the same amount available after I put the package in a cart.

photo

It looks like you have this built correctly! When I put a lead in the backend it seems like the system is calculating the quantity accurately.

27b5e35cd06123e2e8d8d32eeaa18381

photo

Okay great, thank you! I was trying to see if it worked from the customer POV but I should have probably closed the window and tried again first. It points back to my ignorance, either way! Thank you again, Cameron.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file