Free Floss with Cotton Candy Machine Rental -- not working right

Talon H. shared this problem 14 days ago
Not a Problem

When someone reserves a cotton candy machine from us we give them one free flavor. They're welcome to add additional flavors for an extra cost. Although I set this up with a sales rep's help, it doesn't seem to be functioning correctly.

1. When attempting to reserve more than one machine (and therefore receive more than one free flavor), the system allows multiple free flavors to be added with just one machine if only one machine is available.

2. When attempting to purchase additional flavors after the machine has been added to the cart, the system requires the user to reserve an additional machine, and an additional free flavor in order to reserve the additional flavor.

See attached video for detail.

Comments (3)

photo

FYI - it looks like the system automatically flagged this problem as 'known'. Not sure if some AI recognized my issue instantly, or if that's a bug in this forum....

photo

I would try adding another accessory. Have the free flavor be one of them and have the paid flavor be another. That way you can limit quantity on the free one and they wouldn't interact. This is a bit complex for multiple flavors though. I don't know of another way to do it personally and hopefully someone else does

photo

Davison is correct, you would want to set up the first "free" accessory...then one that is called "additional" with a cost. Make the "free" one required and then the others optional.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file