Multiple Greetings for IO Phone

Talon H. shared this question 2 months ago
Answered

I have a greeting set up that's working great for my weekdays. However, I want to have a different greeting on the weekends.

Is there any way to have multiple greetings, or greetings tied to call schedules?

My use case is that I easily field all phone calls M-Th, but on Friday and Saturday I struggle to keep on top of the phone while also making my deliveries. I want my greeting on the weekends to give info about same-day bookings, encourage them to use the website/text me rather than call, etc.

I also wish that my after-hours voicemail still allowed for an extension, so that I can be reached after hours just in case of emergency, but I don't see any way to make that happen with the way things work.

Comments (4)

photo

I'm not sure how you have your system set up so this is how we have ours.

Our greeting is very generic, just says thanks for calling basically. Our ring schedule is set up for normal operating hours but we DO have an emergency ring through ring schedule where we use a filter to say who is allowed to ring us through after. That filter captures leads that are in progress.

Based on what you've written, I'd have a very generic greeting and then set up voicemails for weekday vs weekend vs after hours. THEN I'd create a ring schedule for emergencies and apply a filter to it for events in progress. Mine looks like this:

event start date last 24hours or event end date next 24 hours.

II think they added a current time option to the filters so you may be able to use that.

Hope that helps.

photo

Not a way to currently add different greetings per ring schedule. As Chad stated it would be best to setup a basic greeting on your number and have different greetings for you voicemails during those days/hours. Then you can have a ring schedule with a filter where the callers that you do want to ring through can with broader hours. You can setup an extension to go to a ring schedule or vm in IO phone you would just need to state that in your greeting if you plan to use one.

photo

I don't think I'm understanding correctly, or maybe there's just no way to do what I'd like.

This is what I'm understanding: For example...

Customer calls in and gets generic greeting (no extensions or anything). Filters (hopefully) automatically direct to the right extension.

Filter 1: During weekends, they get a voicemail recording, but there's no way they'll get to talk to someone even if I'm available to answer the phone.

Filter 2: Events in progress do actually get through to me without going to voicemail.

Am I missing or misunderstanding something? That would essentially wipe out all our same-day rentals, which around here are pretty frequent (and lucrative).

It also can't solve the problem of after-hours emergencies not being let through, right?

photo

Here's how I'd set it up. ( I think your over complicating with extensions, unless you want to use them to avoid spam calls)

The customer calls in and gets a generic greeting. Not sure that's necessary if you're a one-man office.

Emergency: Ring schedule with a filter that only allows certain people. the ring schedule should only contain off hours. unfortunately, this looks like Mon 12a-7a, Mon 6p-1159p. Two for each day.

Weekday Ring Schedule with an on hours VM and an off hours VM

Weekend Ring Schedule with an onhours VM and an Off Hours VM.

I'm not understanding how the weekend is any different than the week days except maybe on hours and off hours.

photo

With that setup it has certain people get through via the emergency calls filter like you mentioned, but what about everyone else? They all just get sent straight to VM, and we're never answering phone calls without it being an emergency?

I plan to use extensions to route corporate deals to me, bounce house rentals to our bounce house guy, and event rentals to our event planner. For existing customers that's set up to happen automatically with filters, but for new call-ins we have extensions set up for them to self-select.

photo

First, no it should ring your phone(s) before going to any voicemail.

If set up correctly, you should still be able to do the ring tree with extensions just a couple more steps added.

photo

Ah, ok. I understand what you're saying now. Since I'm trying to make a workaround to have an alternate greeting, I thought you were suggesting that I use the voicemail recording as my greeting (essentially sending them straight to voicemail).

I wanted to have the chance to recommend to the caller that they text or check our website due to the weekend rush PRIOR to them being sent to voicemail. Perhaps I'm naïve in thinking that callers will actually hang up and try an alternative contact method without being sent to voicemail first. Either way, it sounds like your VM suggestion is a good one, even if it won't help reduce the number of calls that get through to our phones on the weekend.

Thanks!

photo

You can still do that with your main greeting.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file