Turn on IMAP wont save in email preferences

Chad B. shared this question 10 months ago
Answered

I stopped getting incoming emails in my CRM. When I go to email preferences, I see IMAP for incoming is set to 'NO' I change it to 'yes' and save. When I go back in, it's back at "no"

Comments (2)

photo

There are a few extra steps to get IMAP/Inbound emails set up with GMail.

Please take a look at this article here and go down to Integrating with a Gmail Account.

You will need to follow these steps with your Gmail account to get this set up correctly.

photo

That article didn't help me at all. when I follow it, i'm not given the option to put in the smpt settings. yes I'm in the admin account.

photo

Wait, I see what I was doing wrong. I was granting permission instead of manually adding the SMPT info. Let me try that.

photo

Okay yeah try and let us know the results

photo

Ok, instead of granting Gmail permissions (because I use Workspace) I set it up manually. However, now I can't send any emails. I followed the SPF record instructions and got that all working. Still says it can't send emails. Testing the password works too.

photo

You have to grant gmail permission either way the manual input does work as it used to. Even with workspace granting gmail permission should work now.

photo

If I grant Gmail permissions, then I'm not able to turn on IMAP and I'm back where I started with no incoming emails in the CRM. I figured it out. I had to set up my worker email too. Now to see if incoming emails will go to the CRM.

photo

Okay keep us posted

photo
photo

I was getting them then they just stopped. I'll follow that and reach back out. 

Leave a Comment

Attach a file