IO phone Groups

Marcus S. shared this question 10 months ago
Answered

Will the group phone schedule supersede the individual ring schedule OR does the group schedule simply provide an overall schedule for the entire team of people in the group and each individual can have their own schedule?

I would prefer the second option!

Comments (5)

photo

They can coexist depending on the delays and how those are set. Are you trying to have a team as a group then each worker on their own? Do you plan to use extensions? What are you trying to accomplish with this and we can assist with the best way to setup?

photo

We are preparing to make a move to extensions and we would like to have each extension be associated with a group of people to cover each extension during certain hours. What I am unsure of is if each person on the extension will be called because of the groups ring schedule (even on their off days) or if the individual ring schedule will take precedent over the group.

photo

It will depend on the delays and how you have them. Are you going to have their individual schedules be extension only? Meaning would only be dialed/called when the extension is used. If they are on a schedule that gets matched their phone is going to ring so in the event they are off I would train them to put themselves on do not disturb. This would prevent them from being dialed all together.

photo

We would like to setup the new system to only be called with an extension (within a group or transferred) , currently when you call you are only calling our sales staff and directed from that point, we would like to move to 4-5 initial extensions (sales, customer service, logistics, will call and warehouse) to direct people to certain teams. obviously not everyone on each team works at all times but IO requires at least 1 day ring schedule input for each individual.

So if I am understanding correctly, the individuals ring schedule doesn't matter, for example, if their ring schedule is from 9am-Noon but the group ring schedule is from 7am-5pm, they would receive calls from 7am-5pm. BUT if they received a transfer outside the hours of 9am-Noon it would be rerouted or go to their voicemail because their personal ring schedule isn't activated.

photo

Correct if their individual schedules are set to extension only they would only be called if their extension is pressed outside of the group extensions.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file