Organizations: applying payment across leads

John B. shared this question 14 months ago
Answered

Hi IO support team, in this knowledgebase page, it's stated that I can choose how to apply a statement payment (oldest balance first, or deposit due first). How do I make that choice? I want to do the latter but my system is defaulting to the former and I can't find where to change it.

Comments (16)

photo

do it under settings/payment preferences

00cab9ec62616c14a0c2e274ecbc05a4

photo

Thanks for the suggestion, but I just checked this page and the Invoice Payments drop-down is already set to "Deposits First", so that doesn't seem to be the issue.

photo

The setting in the payment preferences that Greg suggested is the correct setting for that function on the account statements. (see attached)

photo

John, if you looking for a way to apply a payment to xyz company for their 30 invoices that is not an option in IO that i know of.. That being said, we also own a floral shop and we do not allow our staff to post bulk payments even though that software does because of the issues it causes.. xyz company might dedicate a payment to a specific invoice and if we allow it to free post based on the oldest first or what ever.. then the billing nightmares start and it takes hoursssssssssssssss to find and correct those issues.. not worth the quick post payment on the front end when it creates hours and hours of work on the backend if somthing like is said happens..

photo

Understood, so I'm not sure why I'm still seeing this behavior even with these settings. I just manually logged a payment to an organization with three open leads in the future, all requiring a 50% deposit, but IO distributed the payment first to paying off 100% of the oldest lead (deposit and balance), and then assigned the rest of the payment to the second-oldest. There must be something I'm missing, because this isn't correct.

photo

Why not just individually go to each lead and post the amount of payment you want to post each one?

photo

Make a quick video if you can and post it here of How It's Working For You

photo

You're correct, I could post the payments directly to the leads themselves, but we are interested in rolling out this functionality so that our customers can enjoy the ease of making a single CC payment instead of several individual ones. I made a video of the behavior I'm seeing: https://www.loom.com/share/f7b9508153814c4d8e4f84c3aa17fdd5

photo

thats a good video showing what you mean... and i totally get it when you are paying with checks to want that to work,

With regards to your CC comment above, I dont think doing the statement bulk payment allows for CC payments in that , but only on a per order payment.

now if IO gets the payment posting correct, adding the ability to post a CC payment on the statement screen would be AMAZING..

thanks for the video it brings the issues to light way better

photo

Hi Greg, thanks for the kind words. But you should be able to set it up so that your customers can make a single CC payment for multiple leads from the statement. For example, here's a screenshot of my test company's statement, with the payment window built in. Now it's just a question of how the payment is applied.

2fdc4c9d58b4402984a776df57ff053c

photo

Ohhhhhhh I like that... Now I have a project for tomorrow mugh have to hit u up for some help on that 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

photo

I have created a ticket with developers, I will keep you posted.

photo

John B can you email me

greg@therentalparty.com

photo

Per Developer:

This has been resolved; the setting will now be respected from the Organizations page for admin payments, as it previously did with those that were customer made.

The user will need to refresh their browser in order for the change to take effect.

photo

It works! Thank you Jen.

photo

Your Welcome!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file