Parent/Child/Sibling Relationships

Tim S. shared this question 14 months ago
Awaiting Reply

I have an obstacle course that consist of 5 pieces. Four of the 5 pieces can also be used separately or in other combinations. So the one piece that can not be used as a stand alone item is in the system but in the hidden category. I am trying to figure out how I connect all of these because sometime when I put in the relationships and other ones pop up or even if I don’t put one in one will popup. If possible, can you tell me how to fix it because this is not the only item I have like this and I would like to learn how it is done properly. Here is what I have and what I am trying to achieve.

Ninja 40’ OC (A)

Ninja 45’ OC (B)

Ninja Rock Climb Slide 30’ (C)

Ninja U Turn 20’ (D) – This is the item that is in the hidden category as it can not be rented as a stand a lone unit.

40’ Obstacle Course – this is different from the Ninja 40’

These are the packages:

Ninja Run 70’ (A & C)

Ninja Run 85 (A & B)

Ninja Run 90 (A, C & D)

Ninja Run 115 (A, B & C)

Ninja Run 135 (A, B, C & D)

Ninja Run 175’ (A, B, C, D & 40’)

Comments (6)

photo

set up each item as its on item as an inventory item since they rent seperate

then set up each Packaged group as an inventory item (name wise)

then under each group add the single items needed to make that package under relationship for that item adn keep repeating until you get them all set up

then test one of the groups and make sure it make the others show unavailable

i would do like item a and item b individual first

then do the package that uses a and b and then make sure a and b both show red an unavailable then work from there

that way if you have an issue you will find it before you get to deep into setting it up and it will save you some reworking items

photo

Hi Amie,

Because some of the packages share the same pieces, we can't build by relationship. 2 units are unable to "co-parent" the same unit.

What I have done is as Greg suggested, added the smaller items as required accessories to the bigger packages.

Take a look at Ninja Run 175' in the advance accessories settings.

In regards to the Ninja U Turn that is in the hidden category... Placing in a hidden category will hide this item from your packing list.

You could also go under the advance settings and only leave what I have checked below:

908168871ca9de63d7d5ebbaf90c5bcb

This will hide the unit from your website but still allow it to show on the leads page and packing list if you would like.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you

photo

when you say supplies do you mean like blowers cords stakes traps etc or something else?

photo

you can customize your forms to put all the info you want on them..

what is something you have in the inventory details you want to show? use the variable chart to add those to the forms to print out on what ever you want and to appear on contracts etc.

each form is fully customizable

here is a screen shot of our packing list item information it uses

41825d82411fb742eb28128b6be1c179

photo

every person on here will have a different look, feel, info, etc.. we all have made them fit our specific needs.

photo

Check out this article if you need more information on how to add items to a packing list.

If you are wanting to edit the way your packing list is presented to you, you can go to Settings-->Packing List Templates. There is a default template already uploaded. Let us know if you need assistance with this.

photo

If have a packing list created for all the units including the ones that build a bigger unit like the 175, a packing list would pull for each unit including the 175.

photo

when you create the packages do a couple tests but i think you need to do a packing list for the packaged item seperate from the individual items. each has their own needs and the combined unit has its needs.. you will need to do the packing list for the combined unit to include those needed for it outside of what the individual units needs

do one and test it but im pretty sure that is how it works

you can add variables to pull and print each item but the downfall to that is if you have your packing list set up to auto determine the items needed based on your surface type, it wouldnt adjust the correct surface type on the included items only on the main item so..IMO

i would just add the needed supplies on each of the main package and let the system help in doing the supplies based on surface type.

photo

I created a copy of each build item A, B, C, and the 40Ft and put them in a hidden category. Linked them in a parent/child relationship with their original, so if the copy is being used to build a larger course, the original will not be available to rent by itself. I then replaced the original with the copies as accessories to the larger items.

By making the copies in a hidden category, they will not show on the packing list when the larger item is rented.

The copies have an * at the end of their name so you can see what is what.

Please take a look and see if this works for you.

photo

I just created a test lead with the 115' course. You can view the packing list from the lead.

c6a62afdbcb8aeaa7fdc81e04f2954c0

photo
photo

These are the steps I took to create all the inventory requested and how I related them all to each other.

1. Created each piece in inventory separately.
  2. Then create the largest (all 5 pieces combined) item first. Be sure to add each piece to the packing list section so it shows up on packing list plus any other items needed to build the item.
  3. In the relationship tab, select each of the 5 pieces, assign the quantity as "1" and add.
  4. Save and close
  5. Create the next largest piece (4 of the pieces). Be sure to add each piece as a packing list item and not accessory (accessory will add each items packing list to the overall packing list).
  6. Add one of the pieces to the relationship (I used the one that was in ALL the different options, A). This will populate all the items associated with it. in the quantity column, type 0 in the item that is not included in the current "package". Click "add"
  7. Save and Close
  8. Repeat steps 5 & 6 for each "bundle" of pieces being sure to mark 0 in the quantity column of each piece that is not tied to the unit you are working on.
  9. Test on a lead.

If you set this up correctly the availability will work in the lead and the packing list should show everything you need for that "bundle" of pieces.

photo

Let me know if this helps.

https://vimeo.com/797588596/5140aae440

Leave a Comment

Attach a file