Still Getting Spam with reCaptcha

Skylar P. shared this question 16 months ago
Answered

Is anyone else still getting a ton of spam through the contact form after adding reCaptcha?

If yes did you adjust the default authority score and did that work?

Thanks

Comments (10)

photo

I have a developer taking a look at this.

photo

The developer has added HoneyPot and this will help enhance the recaptcha to try to stop more spam.

photo

Thank You!

photo

You're welcome!

photo

We're having this same problem, daily at this point. What can be done to our account (Mr. Moonbounce)?

photo

i would suggest you run your email through mail-tester.com and see what issues it states might need corrections on.. this is a huge help when fixing your email issues. we run it about once a month or so.

photo

That's helpful for outgoing, but I think this thread is for incoming.

photo

David I have requested from a developer to add the honeypot to your site as well.

photo

Thx Greg H. Like Chad B. eluded to we were referring to incoming SPAM. However, we did run a TEST EMAIL and scored a 6.7/10. Is that a good score?

photo
photo

Yea I was in a different frame of mind when I answered and until Chad said that it didn't click... But that score is pretty good but use those drop downs to see where u can improve it will help with outgoing getting in spam traps my score today was 9.5

photo

Hi Jen,

Still getting at least 3 spam emails a day, do you think I should try increasing the recaptcha authority score or do you think that might block actual customers?

photo

I have reopened the ticket and asked the developer your question. We will update as soon as we hear back.

photo

Per Developer: You can monitor their traffic here: https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin

photo

Am I suppose to do anything with the attached info.?

photo

If you are generating your own site key here are the steps/example where to place that info

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file