Excluding Item from Promo/fee

Skylar P. shared this question 17 months ago
Awaiting Reply

We use a promo/fee for delivery labor "% Fee on Rentals" for all items. Is there a way to exclude a couple items from the promo/fee without changing the fee type to "rentals" and adding in every single item except for the 2-3 that we don't want to hae the fee apply to?

Comments (8)

photo

We can create a filter to exclude certain rental items and apply it to the fee. But if an item that qualifies for the fee is added with an item that does not qualify, the fee will apply and the % will apply to both items.

photo

I believe there is an area in the inventory item:

Advanced section: Allow discount > do not allow discounts

But I think it is still under development and doesn't work the way I expect it to.

photo

What items are you wanting to exclude the delivery labor from?

photo

Hi Nicki,

Tried that, it doesn't work unfortunately.

photo

Hi Brittany,

I want to exclude our restroom trailers and linens from the delivery labor charge. I thought about just reducing the price of these items by the same amount as the delivery labor charge but linens are rented as a will call item as well so that won't work.

To answer your first comment, almost every order that has an item I want to exclude from delivery labor will also have other items that need to be charged the delivery rate so I am not sure the filter will work either.

photo

We can create a filter that will make it so any item with the word "labor" in it won't be charged the damage waiver. I can get this set up for you if you'd like?

photo

Hi Susan,

That would be great, instead of labor can you make the keyword "restroom". I would like to make it so that any type of restroom rental is not charged delivery labor. I want to make another filter that excludes certain keywords(items) from damage waiver as well but I think I can make that one once I see the structure.

Thanks

photo

We now have the capability to set filters in promos/fees but in order for them to work properly you would need to have the autosave setting enabled. Here is an article that reviews the autosave setting. This one here goes over the new promos/fees. I'd like you to review these and decide if you are ready to enable the autosave before we move forward with setting this up.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file