Email contains invalid template data

Victoria B. shared this question 16 months ago
Answered

Hello,

I am trying to send the customer - thank you as a manual email. I am unsure on how to make it a template so that I may select it from the template drop down when sending an email (unless there is a more efficient way to send it) I am also receiving an error whenever I try and send emails. "Error: Email contains invalid template data" Any ideas on why I am receiving this error no matter what template I select?

Comments (2)

photo

First, You have to activate the email to be able to select it in the template drop down.

Second, you have to be IN the lead to pull template data.

photo

Thanks Chad! I am trying to send manual emails to those I received email addresses from at an event I hosted. They are not listed as leads in IO. Am I not able to send the email if they aren't listed as leads?

photo

The emails you are trying to send most likely have variables that aren't being filled out by a lead since you aren't sending them out from a lead...the emails have to be sent from a lead to work and pull info to fill in the variables

photo
photo

You can but not with template variables. They have to have a lead to use some/most template variables. 

Leave a Comment

Attach a file