IMAP not available with 365 since 1st October

isabelle A. shared this question 17 months ago
Answered

Hi,

we are trying to setup the incoming mail. We are With office 365. Since 1st October Microsoft had block basic authentification on IMAP protocol.

Do you have a solution for us? A lot of people are using 365 we are probably not alone it that situation.

Thanks

Comments (10)

photo

Could you go to your Email Preferences for each location and press "Grant Outlook Permission" to integrate. Then also fill out your IMAP info on each as well? This way we can see what error they send when integrating to take a look. Thanks!

photo

I will and let you know soon. One question : for incoming mail; my guess is that i have to do it in each of my sales rep (worker) account, right ? We do not have a common email. Each sales rep has is own....

photo

Yes, if your workers are using their own work email to send/receive you will want everyone to fill out their email settings in their profiles as well!

photo

For the incoming; do i also have to set it up in Email preferences ? Or only in each workers profile ?

photo

Both, for the company email preferences and the workers

photo

Hi,

When we Grant Outlook permission in the SMTP section the IMAP setting or not as it is suppose to be.

We are not using the SMTP of Microsoft 365 we use a custom SMTP..... But SMTP have nothing to do with incoming mail. My point, is when we grant permission the imap option are not available

As you can see there, Permission are grant to outlook. But I cant select nothing in IMAP.

4d2e1b75b8d4e5000369af9acf49cdca

photo

What email are you using w/ Outlook? I want to make sure it's working correctly.

photo

we are using office 365 (Outlook Web).

For SMTP we are using a custom SMTP. and it works

For IMAP. it doesn't work (see error message below)

My techinicien is telling me that IMAP protocol is not working since oct 1st and he thinks you have to make an update on your side. See link:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/clients-and-mobile-in-exchange-online/deprecation-of-basic-authentication-exchange-online

3c57d35e36c0bac517b12ad182a0133d

photo

Have you done this yet?

Integrating with a Microsoft Account

If you are using Outlook, Office365, or other Microsoft account, you may have to enable IMAP. Here are instructions we received from Microsoft on how to properly do that.

Click on this link https://aka.ms/PillarEXOBasicAuth it will open up a Diag window in your admin center. On the right side of the window there will be first option to run the diagnostics.

After it will run it will give you a drop down menu, please select and enable IMAP and then click on the save button to save changes. Change might be immediate, but sometimes it might take up to one hour depending on the EXO sync, but after this all should be working fine on the CRM tool.

photo

My tech just runned the the link you sent me and it says we need to wait for an hour.

I will let you know tomorrow if it works

Thank you

Leave a Comment

Attach a file