Tent Relationships- parent child siblings

Jose D. shared this question 2 months ago
Answered

I have a tent that comes in sections that can make 40x40, 40x60, and 40x80. I have the 40x80 listed as the parent and it makes the 40x40 and 40x60 siblings. When booking the parent, it automatically takes out the 2 siblings from our inventory, but when booking a sibling it only takes the sibling and the parent and leaves the other one available for auto booking. Is there a setting I can change to make it that none of them are available once one of them is booked?

Comments (3)

photo

I'm not 100% on relationships. Greg Harkins would have this down. I'll send him a link to this thread.

BUT

I believe IO is looking to get rid of the relationships feature eventually and suggests using accessories to build out the tents in it's place. You may look into setting it up this way as it's pretty flawless and somewhat simple

photo

What are the build break downs? For example can you build 2 40x40's and 1 40x60? Or is it just if a 40x80 is booked you cannot make a 40x40 or 40x60? You may be better off to setup as required accessories and set how many of the smaller tents are required to build the larger.

photo

I have 2 ends and 2 middle sections. Where 2 ends would make 40x40. 2 ends and 1 mid would make 40x60.

photo

If you use accessories, you simply make each part you need to build a tent an accessory. Then you create each tent option and require the number of accessories it takes to build that tent. Then as you use accessories per tent rented, other options become unavailable because the accessory isn't available to build it.

Another awesome benefit to this is if you find a pole is bent, you can maintenance that accessory causing conflicts. WHICH of course you can override but you now have a deadline to replace that pole.

photo

so you max is

2 40x40

2 40x60

1 40x80

so you need to set your qty to those numbers

and do you set up like below

then do some test leads

when you take out 1 40x40 the other counts should drop to 1 40x40 1 40x60 and 1 40x80 left

take out 2 40x40's and the other 2 should be zero

take out a 1 40x80 then you would have 1 40x40 1 40x60 left

you can keep testing that way

photo

Makes sense. Im going to give that a try!

Thanks!

photo

@chad how do you get around an accessory needing an accessory? Eg:

MAIN ITEM = TENT

ACCESSORY OF MAIN ITEM (TENT) = WEIGHTED INSTALL

ACCESSORY OF ACCESSORY (THE WEIGHTED INSTALL) = THE INDIVIDUAL CONCRETE BLOCKS THAT MAKE UP THE "WEIGHTED INSTALL"

The purpose would be to use your theory so that each WEIGHTED INSTALL could be attributed the correct number of blocks and a) check the inventory count + b) multiply the per block price with the number of blocks required

photo

Weighted install would have to be an inventory item in the category Hidden

photo

Can it still be attached to the main inventory? Would it be a child?

photo

You can attach rental items as accessories

photo
photo

i do it like this

we have ours set up as x number of ends x number of mids in a hidden category

then we build out like below

3aa974eb8d3c253cd9ad2add1ef52bfb

Leave a Comment

Attach a file