Emails won't send out?

Bernie M. shared this question 3 months ago
Answered

Hi, Bernie Martin here - Extreme-Bounce-House.com is the domain. Originally was a demo account in my name - BernieMBL

I was setting it up for a new client. We transferred ownership to TJ & Tayler Gurley. Before transferring in they were added as a user in WP, with a personal email. When we were ready to go live, I tried to get the email on the live home page to show company domain email of info@extreme-bounce-house.com While all this was going on, I changed their "original" email to the info@ and I think the system needs to be reset with the proper emails for them? When we tried to verify email preferences it keeps saying: "The company email should be same account as the SMTP login." The "company" public email should be info@. The email is thru GoDaddy as "email essentials"

On the public display of website, up top shows the info@ and that part is fine - it sends to them. Somehow, the system isn't recognizing it internally though??

Bottom line, we need to get it so it will send out emails to clients - we're trying to send a quote to contract and it won't allow it.

Sorry for all this confusion. Appreciate your help on getting resolved - a new Rental software client :)

Bernie

Comments (6)

photo

Take a look at my screen shot...you need to be logging into your email here w/ password not the BernieMBL username. It should match what you have in your company email.

photo

Hey Susan,

We had tried it with the info@ and it wouldn't work..... It accepted it now though. Now trying to add SPF and DKIM to GoDaddy and it won't let me because the nameservers are pointed to wave.rental software.... seems like I just can't win on this :( When I go to GoDaddy Records, the "add new record" won't work

photo

If your email is throug Go Daddy you can try the green "Grant Outlook Permission" and login that way? See if this works for you

photo

Hey Susan,

Yay - we're getting closer!! :)

When I did that thru Outlook, it was fine and I granted permission to IO for it to work/sync

Then I did test email saying: Test successful Warning: The company email should be the same account as the SMTP login

I then went to do the Test SPF and it said: similar: Warning: Email delivery will be poor unless you fix your SPF record.

Meanwhile, I tried to email the customer on the quote that kept bouncing yesterday and so far, no indication of a bounce - so that's really good!!!

Thoughts?

photo

Ok, the first issue is fixed. The spf issue, you will have to read the article. That has to do with your website? But in the meantime you should be able to send out emails

photo

Just checked that same online quote and it shows an email -IMAP - not sure if a fault or just a comment. Can't tell if email went thru or not. Must've gone thru - they booked and paid $$$$ YAY!!!

Thanks

Leave a Comment

Attach a file