Charged card on file for wrong amount

Brooke W. shared this question 10 months ago
Answered

I was moving too fast and mistyped the payment amount, thereby overcharging customer. He was supposed to be charged $186.31, but I type din $486.31. The payments haven't batched, as I just did this, but I don't know how to undo it. Should I press the trash can button next to payment? Or run a payment for the negative amount?

Comments (1)

photo

You may want to get in touch w/ your merchant bank services and see if they can reverse it before it batches

photo

There's no way to reverse it through IO? We have Global Payments integrated.

photo

yes you can give a refund through IO, here is the article and a video showing you how to do this.

https://rental.software/support/knowledge-base/article/payments-refunds

photo

That was my question. I wasn't sure what the purpose of the trash can button next to the payment was. I didn't know if a refund needed to be issued despite the payment not having batched yet, or if the trash can was essentially a void button. But you're saying the solution is to run the card for a negative amount to execute a refund?

photo

But as Susan as suggested you could get in touch with your merchant back to see if they can reverse before you do anything.

photo

When you guys say "merchant bank," do you mean the company we bank with? Or are you referring to Global Payments? Sorry, I get a little confused with the terminology sometimes.

photo

You would want to contact Global. The trashcan is when you are recording a payment and want to remove it

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file