Email has stopped sending

Richard J. shared this question 13 months ago
Answered

We have an automatic email that is supposed to send shortly after a customer completes a lead (titled: Customer - Recent Quote 2 (customer created).

This appears to have stopped sending just over 1 week ago for no apparent reason. Could you check and advise?

Log pasted attached

Comments (5)

photo

Do you have this setup as an Automation and is that your filter that you're using that you sent a screenshot of?

If that's the filter and automation you're using showing that you're trying to send $2,000 emails or text messages or whatever that means you have taken 2000 quotes that need to have that sent they have probably stopped your automation due to the fact of the number of text messages you're trying to send out until you verify that filter you probably have something in your email about it where I support would have sent it because they do try to eliminate those huge bulk sends that are not supposed to be that way to save you the charges for the messages or to help you solve the problem of incorrect filtering

photo

No. It's a normal email marked as "automatic".

No automation involved and no filter. It simply sends to a customer after they've completed their quote online through the website.

It's also not a bulk email like a newsletter. It's no different to a payment reminder email or contract email.

Also not text messages, as those don't work for us in Australia

photo
photo

Could you have possibly copy that and have two of them active?

photo

Nope...the last revision to this email was a year ago.

And the log I attached in the OT shows it was working up until 1 week ago

photo

Pick one of the clients that has gotten duplicate emails and open that lead and go to the log and look at the email logs and copy and post a screen show from the lead

it would look something like this

e149397123d5e510d32df7d605cc4d61

photo
photo

it shows in the OP they sent

c8f94c8e5ce54d99d5031b59eedab786

photo

The log shows those sent 1 week ago. Today is 3rd April here so none have sent for 1 week per OT. The problem is not duplicate emails, the problem is the email is not activated and being sent all of a sudden.

See attached csv export of a lead log from this morning. Customer completed quote just after 9am. It's after 1pm now and no email sent.

photo

this one has me stumped, i just looked as some of my quotes adn they are sending around 10 mins after a client puts in a quote..

photo
photo

Do you have a couple lead #'s that you expected this to go out on that didn't?

photo

Pick any lead in quote status after the last date shown in the log image (24/03)

photo
photo

Was the "timing" changed on this one? It is Recent quote 2...it's supposed to go out second...after the initial quote and someone set it to go out .01 AFTER the first quote. If you hover over the question mark it goes out "days since last quote" so it's not getting triggered to go out

photo

NO.

Look at the revision log. There have been no changes to this email for over 1 year.

And 0.01 is what we were advised to input if we wanted it to go out as soon as possible ie. Immediately after a customer completes the quote.

photo

You have Leads in the "Request" status checked "Prevent Automatic Emails for any Lead with this Status" under Settings-->Lead Statuses

photo

They're not supposed to go out when they are in request status. They should go out when they are in "quote" status

photo

But your quote status is set for "New admin created leads" only. Not for New customer generated leads. So there's no chance for these emails to go out.

photo

If you look at the log, you'll see a "request" status lead that sent it (the brown/yellow coloured one). So clearly someone or something has been changed since that date.

I can also see now the email centre has been updated so we'll see what happens today

photo

But I still don't see a "quote" status for new customer created leads that allow for automatic emails?? Only admin created leads!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file