The payroll summary is accessed at Workers Payroll Summary. The payroll summary by default loads a 2 week window starting at the current date. Set the payroll period using the date range. The summary contains a summary of shifts per worker. Those shifts are further grouped by position. The total hours and pay are summarized by position and then totaled for that worker for easy reporting to your payroll company.
Sample of a payroll summary
The "Approved" checkbox tells the software that it's ok to sent the shift information to QuickBooks if you have that integrated. The "Paid" checkbox will trigger an email to the worker if you are using the QuickBooks contractor pay integration. If you are not using the QuickBooks payment integration, you can still use these column to note that a shift's duration has been verified and/or Paid.
You can have workers paid as hourly or contractor (paid fixed amount per job). For hourly, you have the ability to set different hourly rates per person and position that perform. For contractor, you can set the amount they get per item that is part of event they are assigned to. In addition, you can set a mileage rate they will get when driving their own vehicle.
For Sales Reps, you can assign a commission they earn for the value of the event they are assigned to.
1. Go to Workers->Positions and activate Contractor for the position (and make sure the worker is assigned that position).
2. Go to each Rental Item in Settings and put in the Contractor Pay.
3. On the Leads, use the Schedule tab to setup the worker who will be working the shift (or if you don't assign a person you can allow them to sign-up via the Workers Site).
4. When running Payroll (Workers->Payroll) it will calculate the amount owed based on the units rented for the events they managed as well as it calculates a mileage they had to drive for that event.
5. Set the Contractor Mileage Rate on the General Settings.
1. Set the Hourly rates on the Position and/or the Worker (see below)
2. On the Leads, use the Schedule tab to setup the worker who will be working the shift (or if you don't assign a person you can allow them to sign-up via the Workers Site).
3. When running Payroll (Workers->Payroll) it will calculate the amount owed based on the hours they worked.
Hourly rates: can be set per worker, per position, or per position per worker. The order in which they are applied is as follows. InflatableOffice will first use the per position per worker rate (this is found when assigning a position to a worker). If it is zero or empty it will then use the position rate, and finally the worker rate.
1. Go to Workers->Positions and activate Sales Rep for the position (and make sure the worker is assigned that position).
2. On the Leads, set the sales rep on the event tab to the worker who earned the sale.
3. Configure the Commission tab on the Worker.
4. When running Payroll (Workers->Payroll) it will calculate the amount owed.