Required qty for accessory

Skylar P. shared this question 16 months ago
Answered

Is there a way to have an accessory item that can only be rented in a certain qty? For example Bistro lights, I have the bistro lights as an accessory to all of our tent sizes, I want to be able to click the accessory and automatically have it be 18 strands or however many is needed for that tent size. I tried doing required qty but that is forcing it to be an accessory every time that item is rented, just want it to be a required qty only when the accessory is requested.

Comments (2)

photo

P.S I have already tried making accessories to the lighting as the correct number for that tent size e.g "40x100 Bistro Lighting (18 strands)" doing this seemed to confuse IO and it wasn't tracking inventory correctly.

photo

That's a good idea! I'm fairly confident there is no way to do that now, but it would be a great feature. That goes along with another feature that has been requested: Default accessories. Similar to required, they are added to the lead by default, but can be removed.

photo

Wait. There might be a way...

Create an inventory item (or accessory if possible) that is constructed from 18 strands of lights. Make that item the accessory for that tent.

photo

Yea I tried that a few years ago but was having inventory tracking issues, maybe I didn't have it set up right, worth another shot.

photo

It has to be a regular inventory item, not an accessory. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Call it "40x100 Lighting Package". Go to "Relationships" and build it out of Bistro Lighting, Qty of 18.

photo

Casey's way will work. because the package is not required but the accessory is required when the package is selected.

photo

Hey there Skylar ,

Would you be willing to send me a screenshot of how this displays on the backend of a lead when you are adding the accessory of the bistro lights to the tent? That is a super cool idea and I think I can implement that on so many different things!!!!

Thank you!!!!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file