Damage Waiver Exemption

Greg H. shared this question 17 months ago
Answered

Can we get a check box in the inventory set up info like in the advance section to check to exclude specific things from damage waiver calculations?

Like set up fee, or late return of items, or out of ours pick up charges etc.?

Comments (19)

photo

I have your question in with developers!

photo

THIS would be awesome - I so need this - the way we have it now is confusing to me because some of my items I will not allow a damage waiver on but a lot of them it is mandatory - and mandatory on pick up. It would be great if it could be a box

photo

This can be done by using the new promo/fees and filters.

photo

Hey Jen could you give us a sample of how to do it

photo

It's in the webinar

photo

getting ready to rewatch that now :)

photo

When I go to settings promos and fees ans choose add fee and pick accidental damage fee it doesn't do anything it just sits on a blank screen

I have a legacy set up now.but want to convert over to the new way... How much of my forms will need redone to accommodate this change?

photo

i sent in a video link using the private support ticket option for you to review

photo
photo

Is there an answer to this? Trying to figure out how to have things like popcorn for a popper not get damage waiver on them.

photo

Did you try creating a filter to capture the items you don't want the waiver to be applied to and adding it to the optional rental field of the fee?

photo
photo

Create a filter to exclude what you dont want charged a damage waiver

depending on how you have your inventory set up you can exclude full categories or just single items

we use categories so we exempted full groups

71270615f45ad85c57cf0fc8e8a0f91d

then when you set up the damage waiver info use the filter in the proper section on the box

864db0f90bb4d3a2207a154f8d22dec3

you can use this filtering process for all your fees and promos...

Filters are a very powerful tool in IO

photo

Mine look different. I assume because its a new account.

4cc74bebce894b7273c098d72a24e9c2

I can build Build a new fee that looks like your screen but doesn't seem to work either. I deleted the other one and doesn't make a difference.f365a1bf543189c3d3a74e0fac90683b

photo

did you create the damage waiver your self or let IO system create it automatically?

photo

IO created it automatically. It was part of the new update. I created a new one so I could add the exclusion filter. Didn't help. Tried deleting the IO created one to see if it was a conflict and now the new one doesn't work. I'm going to try with a new filter.

photo

do this and create the fee

e8cdc00165c7e385dbe3001fecba7433

photo

Am I having problems because the item i want to exempt is an accessory?

photo

yes i see that .. i just tried to exempt adn accessory and it wouldnt do it

that is where the issue is

photo

Thank you. I have been spent hours fighting this. i started a ticket so i guess we will see if there is a fix.

photo

i just did a ticket with this and pictures and my testing procedure..

this brought to light and issue I was about to have to as i have some accessories i was starting to make a list of to exempt

I tested serveral ways to make it work based on name variables but nothing.. and when i finally got something to work it left the accessory ADW on there and took off for the actual equipment LOL

we will get it IO will help us :)

photo

Seem odd it hasn't came up before. Wonder if the new update broke something. I just set up this account Sunday so frustration leave is already high. Our party buses are on a different account that's a couple months old now.

Next head ache is building packing list for tents. Was so hoping the already uploaded products would have had packing list with them.

photo

i got the damage waiver exemption working on accessories :)

hit me up and ill help ya if you want

message me

https://www.facebook.com/GREGAHARKINS

Leave a Comment

Attach a file