Multiple Options per item type

Skylar P. shared this question 17 months ago
Answered

On our website I would like to show different fabric options for the same size table cloth.

For example I would like to have 1 item, lets say 90" Round Tablecloth. After they click that item is there a way for them to then choose between Polyester, Majestic, Silk etc. Once they click on the fabric type the accessories (colors) then change to show the available option for that fabric type at which point they choose the color they want for that fabric type. Is this possible?

Thanks

Comments (17)

photo

Yes this can be done, you can do a hidden category named hidden then create an inventory item and call it choose fabric type and add your fabric as accessories and then add those accessories to the choose fabric type and list them as a dropdown. If this doesn't make sense I can help you.

photo

Hi Jen,

Thank you, I think I that makes sense lol but do you mind giving me a call to go through the first one to make sure I am doing this right?

Thanks

photo

Here is a link to my Calendar

photo

After I make the "choose fabric type" inventory item and add the fabric as accessories, do I then add the "choose fabric type" item as an accessory to my "90" round linen" item? How do I then add the color options to each fabric type as I can't add an accessory to an accessory?

Thanks,

photo

Yes.

photo

Skylar were you able to set up a time? If not we can go over this today. Just let me know a good time for you.

photo

Today would be great I am available anytime before 12pm. Thank you

photo

I will send you a link around 10 am EST. so in about a half hour if that works for you?

photo

Perfect thanks

photo
photo

To join the video meeting, click this link: meet.google.com/ivy-ovyh-our

To join by phone instead, dial (US) +1 413-728-0310 and enter this PIN: 522 411 704#

More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/ivy-ovyh-our?pin=3311651927820

photo

Hi Jen,

I have all my linen pages built, thank you for your help. I am trying to figure out how to display the price after the fabric type is clicked without the customer having to add the item to the cart. I don't have the price restricted on the table cloth size, fabric, or color. Can you point me in the right direction here?

photo

Hey Skylar were you able to get this resolved?

photo

Hi Jen,

Thanks for the follow up. I have the different fabric options figured out and displaying nicely, but still trying to get the price to display on the product page after they click the fabric option they want, ideally before adding to the cart if possible.

photo

This will never show on the main page because the price is on the accessory which is the fabric and that will never show until in the cart because it is not actually the main item. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks!

photo

Another company we work with has it set-up this way on their IO site, can it be done with custom shortcode?

photo

Who is the other company so we can take a look?

photo

that site has they inventory item set as material type, then sizes, then colors.. that is not set up as size material type then color..

are you wanting it like

size, material options then color?

that is now how it is on upartyrental.com

we only show solid options on our linenes but it is

size and color only we opted out of the extra styles on our website but offer it if they want to look for a better option.

for us it was a matter of we wanted to only promo solids but offer the full line when talking to the client

photo

Ok so I see what you mean but they have their sizes set up as accessories and their fabrics set up as the main item this is the difference. Here are a few screenshots of their website 1 st one is all the fabrics then when you click on the fabric type you see the sizes in the next pic and it says to click here to set an event time to see accurate prices.

photo

It's working! Thank you!

photo

You're very welcome....Thanks Greg as well!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file