Employee permissions

Chad B. shared this question 16 months ago
Answered

I have an employee (Manager) that I want to grant the ability to see/edit worker profiles BUT not all of any one profile. SO I set him up with the necessary permissions to see and edit profiles. It works fine. HOWEVER, when I restrict his access to one section (preferences, this is where I keep payroll notes he doesn't need to know about), it takes away his ability to save any changes to a worker. Where this is a problem is that I want him to be able to assign positions and training to workers AND be able to keep notes himself in an optional field I created on the workers profile. He just doesn't need access to see or edit the worker's preferences.

Comments (4)

photo

I have submitted your question to management. I will keep you posted.

Thanks!

photo

Message from developer:

Can you give an example? I tested this and it works like it should. The only time they wouldn’t be able to edit and save a worker is if the worker they are trying to edit has any permissions that are higher than their own. This has always been the case and is not related to the permissions by section. The only workers that a worker is able to edit is one with the same or less permissions, if any of the worker they are trying to edit has a higher permission, it won’t allow editing.

photo

Oh dang! That may be it. I'll try again. 

photo

Ok let us know!

photo

yep! You're right. my bad. I thought it was fixed at one point.

photo

Thanks for letting us know!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file