remove certain fees from particular items

Ryan F. shared this question 16 months ago
Awaiting Reply

How can I remove the damage waiver and surface charges, and delivery charges for three items? Each of the items in the Christmas village category

Comments (4)

photo

I don't think you can. Not automatically. Depending on how you set up the accidental damage waiver, you may be able to exclude rentals. But definitely not normally.

photo

Thanks. I set up a special method of delivery and use that as an exclusion under the damage waiver. I'm just trying to figure out how to eliminate the delivery to you. Selling for a pay to play event and trying to use IO as an option for online booking for it

photo

You could exclude delivery charges on that delivery method.

photo

If you're willing to put some work into it, you could create a separate page group only that item uses. Then it's separate from your normal rentals. You could manipulate the code to hide the other delivery methods and set up filters with conditional pricing to only apply fees to items that match the other page ID. It's kind of a lot depending how much you're going to be doing this. Could be worth it. It's how I did my Christmas light Installation instead of setting up a different location. But I don't use a separate site for it.

photo

Interesting. We set up a separate location for the Christmas light business. For this it's a pay-to-play event where we are setting up a synthetic ice rink and inflatable zone and selling wristbands. So I'm trying to avoid the delivery and damage waiver fees. I think it's going to be confusing though how it's set up now because they're going to be told to pick a surface and a venue. We don't have customer pick up available for our business but if you were to do that in IO does it still ask them for a venue address?

photo
photo

Do a new page group and edit the checkout page to hide those elements. It will be amazing. Then you can have a different waiver than your normal rentals to it the waiver will be automatic with the page group chosen by the "rental"

We can hop on a video call and I can show you my Christmas lights for example.

photo

Okay that would be great. Let me know what times you have available today. I really appreciate it. Definitely interested in what you're doing

Leave a Comment

Attach a file