reCaptcha - Add to Contact Us and Quote pages

Richard G. shared this question 3 days ago
Answered

Hi Again....

I'd like to add reCaptcha to the Contact Us page and footer and to the Quote page. I'm getting a bunch of spam from a couple emails/sites. I read the article in the Knowledge Base but I don't know where to look to see the "Verifying reCaptcha Key" which says to go to Elementor settings. I couldn't find them. I was able to find the 3rd Step to add the reCaptcha to the Footer, but it then said to verify #2 first.. So, I'm stuck.

Thank you for your help.

Comments (7)

photo

I have added this for you!

photo

Thank you!

photo

Could you also add that it to the footer? Seems like I’m getting spam from there.

photo

I have this completed for you!

photo

Thank you again. How does it work? I tried a test and it didn’t ask me to do anything, it just sent it through.

The attached screenshot shot is one I got 10 minutes after you completed and it is from one I’ve been getting a few each day. I have a couple the come across with a name and “MoG”, like this one “DavidMoG”

I know it won’t stop all, but I’m just curious.

photo

We have made some adjustments that should ensure that recaptcha is working on your site. There are multiple versions of recaptcha. V3 requires no additional actions from the user as it uses a score-based methodology for threat assessment. V2 and lower requires an action from the user like a puzzle.

You have V3 on the contact form in your footer and an earlier version on your contact us and checkout pages.

All key data has been added for both versions.

5b98f31b9c0c8dfa3c892b453ab3d486

Here is the confirmation:

28711fd7bd03ba0f9f70520f22fc5ba1

For more information about how recaptcha works, here is Google's documentation: https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/v3

photo

Thank you again for the help with this.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file