io workers app not showing shift time set & sent out in lead

Kayla M. shared this question 3 days ago
Answered

My staff are getting really frustrated with the IO Worker App.

The App does not reflect the Shift Time that we set & send out to them, only the general timeline for the customer.

This has resulted in a lot of confusion. Our events are very customized with a lot of variables, sometimes multiple shift start times for different teams for the same event. Is there any plan to make the Worker App more friendly for workers?

Comments (5)

photo

How are they seeing their shift in the IO worker App?

photo

They see basic details like the timeline, but the timeline doesn't always coincide with the actual Shift they've been sent. This specific example has 3 different shift start times for different teams. They see these times in the Texts & the Emails, but if they use the Workers App, they're now confused on when they're supposed to start, because the specific shift we've assigned is no where in the app.

photo

Sorry for the questions. It's just to maybe help give a better answer. The actual shift being per lead or overall (as in the shift contains multiple leads)?

photo

For comparison. The shifts in the screenshot on the right looks like the shift would start about 4p and go till 1230a. What does their assigned shift look like?

photo

Shifts are sent out per lead. I know one of our management team has tried to explain many times what we want out of the app for our team to developers. I'm about to tell our 60+ part time staff to delete the app all together. There is no way to get the Shift from lead into the app for some reason.

photo

This person's assigned shift in the screenshot is 5:30pm - 10:45pm

photo

I'm not a developer or work for IO but I've been able to help others figure things out.

photo

Give up Kayla. I've been over this with them. There is no sane and reasonable answer for this one.

photo
photo

You can go to Settings-->App templates and add the workerlist variable to one of the organization templates. It won't show on a calendar or anything currently..but when they click on the lead theyd be able to see everyone scheduled on the lead. Until more updates done to app the only way to see the full shift info would be on the workers site

photo

Are more updates coming so that the shift variables can work in the app?

photo

I don't have an update on these specific variables. We've just been told the app isn't completely done yet and there will be future updates

photo
photo

Dang, so what your looking for is the templates that only work on specific emails to work in the app. I hope they get that fixed. 

photo

Yep, and the official response from IO that I got months ago was "I don't know why you would want to do that." Which, if I'm being totally honest, makes me want to run away from this company as fast as my legs can take me. Because if you don't understand why I would want my staff to easily be able to determine when they need to show up, I don't want you anywhere near any business I'm a part of.

photo

Arguably, they can determine that but it doesn't have to be on the lead itself. Putting a calendar on the app similar to the workers site (but extremely updated) would also suffice, imo.

photo
photo

If the workerlist variable will display the correct information, I can help you make it scrollable so they can find their name and associated shift time.

photo

It doesn't. Best I can get is travel duration, it seems. If I could use some sort of formula or script to do some math, we could use the setup start time and subtract duration from it to give us a shift start time that would be accurate 9/10 times... But I'm not aware of any way to do that. Formatting options are endless however! Lol

photo
photo

Basically, this is my current work around for this silly thing

photo

Ok. So here's an idea. They have the number in their phone. What if you highlight the word "text" and create a link to open their SMS app with that number? Then it will be a quick link to see the hours that were texted.

photo

Let me give that a try and see!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file