Automatic Gift Card Link

EARL D. shared this question 18 months ago
Awaiting Reply

Hello,

Is it possible to link the information from a Call to Action submission form to the Gift Card system which would allow automatic generation of a Gift Card with a set $ amount which is free to the customer who signs up.

I would like to offer say a $10.00 Gift Card to customers in place of offering coupons or promo discounts. The plan is to generate and drive traffic to a custom generic landing page which will only have the a submission form along with some of our company information then once the form is submitted a Gift Card would be generated.

Or once the form is submitted and their info is captured they are automatically redirected to a generic page, maybe a Thank You page, where there is a $10.00 Gift Card which has been set up as an inventory item at Zero Cost to the Customer, which the customer could then place into their cart and go through a less detailed check out process as if they were buying the card but would not be paying. However I would not want to allow this particular Gift Card to be accessible from any of the other inventory or category pages and a checkout process which if possible for this item to be condensed to where the customer does not need to go through the complete event, contact and booking process, but just confirm their name, email and phone. Then, once completed, I could include a popup asking them to explore the site if they wished and provide a link to the home page within the popup.

In addition can a Generic Blank Page be created without a header and footer. Similar to the City Landing Pages but no header or footer links. I would like to use this as a landing page without any links other than the form submission button so as not to distract or allow the customer to navigate within the website until they have completed the Call to Action. I could add elements to the page such as the header without links or a menu or cart and a footer without the built in contact us form or any other links. Before I created a blank page and removed the header and footer I thought I would ask to make sure I would not corrupt the page.

Thank You

Dwain Hicks

Comments (4)

photo

I have t set up gift cards in a long while so I'm not sure if what you're asking with the gift card can be done. HOWEVER, you can create a different checkout by creating different page groups and then assigning the gift card item to that page group. Then they won't see all the other items at the same time. Not sure that's what you want though.

photo

Hey Thank You Chad,

I wasn't aware of a different page group process but will look into it. I think the check out process of the cart may not be needed if the Gift Card can be generated via a simple form which after submit has the action of generating this free card for customer based on their provided information. I was just thinking of reducing the duplication of the customer having to supply the information again during checkout. But I also would not want them to be able to duplicate the process but to limit one per customer.

Thank You!

Dwain Hicks

photo

Ok. I don't think what you're asking is currently possible. Gift cards were introduced during the pandemic to try and generate any revenue. I don't know that it has been built out any further...that I remember. 

photo

Thank you Chad, I'll be looking at the page group process later today as well.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file