Correctly setting up a Package

EARL D. shared this question 18 months ago
Awaiting Reply

Hello,

Set up a Package of 1 table and 6 chairs as a single piece of inventory, but am having difficulty in how the inventory allowance is being shown and processed within the cart. We only have a total of 18 chairs and 3 tables and would like to allow a total of 3 packages from our available inventory. When including a package in the cart the amount of chairs and tables are not being reduced by the respective amounts which are in the package. As an example, I would like when someone chooses only one package of the set of 6 chairs and 1 table for the same person to be able to select say 4 additional chairs by themselves to go with their order or 1 of the remaining 2 tables (which would be billed at their individual respective rates) or for a different customer to be able to select the 12 remaining chairs with or with a table etc.

I have studied and tried numerous options available on the Rental Inventory - Packages Topic but haven't been able to get it right. The scenarios either reflect only having available 3 of each (package, chairs or tables) or it indicates 3 packages available but allows choosing additional chairs beyond the chair inventory of 18 (same with 3 tables), or it allows unlimited amounts of the 3 available packages.

Can you look at these screen shots of my last attempted setup and correct my errors?

Thank You

Dwain Hicks

Comments (5)

photo

Good morning, you will need to link the quantity for this to happen (see screenshot)

photo

Good Morning Jen,

Thank you for the information however I must have something else awry. I linked the quantities as outlined but when trying to add extra chairs to the order the quantity allows an amount which exceeds the total of the (18) in stock chair inventory. The available chairs should reflect to have only 12 remaining if 1 package is selected and 6 remaining if 2 packages are selected and 0 if 3 packages are selected. I enclosed new screen shots to view. It is the same with the tables.

Thank You

Earl Dwain Hicks

photo

I've adjusted the qty of the package to be unlimited that's what you should have it set to for packages. However there does seem to be something wonky going on w/ the qty when in the cart so I'm moving that up to developers. You'll be updated when we know more.

Thanks!

photo

Thank You Gabrielle,

I too toggled unlimited and ran into the problem of all 3 items (the package, the table and the chairs) being allowed to exceed the available amount we have in stock.

Thanks again

Earl Hicks

photo

You're welcome, I made a video example of the problem so soon as I hear back on this I will provide an update to you.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file