Worker Email Permissions

Jim C. shared this question 18 months ago
Answered

Is it possible to give a worker an email permission level to send an email from another worker's email, other than the main/manager email on the account?

We want to do this so that Madison Wilcox can send emails, but have the customer responses come back to Jim Clore for follow up and receipt. This is because Madison is helping Jim but is part-time so we need responses to her emails to come to Jim instead of Madison.

I looked in IO worker permissions and email preferences but I didnt see anything obvious. Thank you

Comments (2)

photo

Run all communications with customers through a shared mailbox called sales@(company name) That solves this problem.

photo

Not interested in that method. That dumps all communications into one box and creates a mess with multiple people accessing. This is a specific problem that needs to come to a specific box. That would be a "work around". That is not a "solution"

photo

Casey's method is the method I've seen in every business I've worked at. That said, IO doesn't have that feature.

If you're getting your emails through, say Gmail or Microsoft, you should be able to open her account, create a filter that forwards specific incoming emails on a variety of settings, to Jim'account. However, that would give Jim a lot of fwds instead of a chain. But that's the only thing I can see doing. IOs email, as it stands not counting the paid service (idk anything about that) is similar to Thunderbird. They don't actually provide email and settings just read the emails from another provider.

photo

Problem solved here. We just added Jim's email to Madison's permissions. Now, she sends from Jim in IO and the responses obviously come to him. Easy fix. It just wasn't immediately clear in the permissions if it would allow us to assign the same email to more than one worker. Works just fine.

Having more than one person reading, marking read, marking unread, responding, not responding, in the same single box is a disaster. We already do thst in one box, not looking to repeat that. Lol.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file