Refund Sync Quickbooks

Talon H. shared this question 2 days ago
Need Answer

When I process a refund in IO it doesn't sync to QB.

This seems to be the case whether the refund is a card transaction with GlobalPayments, a cash refund, or a check refund.

Why don't these sync over?

What should I do to match my QB to my IO--does it matter how I add it in?

Comments (4)

photo
  • IO never deletes any items from your QB file. So, if an event cancels, you will have to manually remove the corresponding invoice and payments from your QB file as necessary. The pre-saved lead filter titled "Delete from QB" will show you records that are in QuickBooks that need deleted.
  • IO does not import refunds or negative payments associated with leads. You will have to enter those manually in QB.

photo

I don't see the "Delete from QB" filter in IO. Is that where I'm supposed to be looking?

photo

Figured it out--in the search bar I can type in "Delete from QB" and there's a preset filter option. Thanks!

photo
photo

Answered my own question:

What does the 10 / QB integration not do?

Does not import refunds or negative payments from I0 into QB (however this might be a future enhancement)

https://rental.software/support/knowledge-base/article/quickbooks-faq

Any word on the status of this "future enhancement"?

photo

No current updates for this feature at this time.

photo

Talon, I am an IO user who has been using QB sync for many years. Let me know if you'd like help managing those refunds in QB. It's very easy if your deposits for the day exceed your refunds, but if your refund is larger than the deposit, there are a lot of steps. I have a cheat sheet showing how to handle this.

photo

If you've got a working solution I'm all ears! You can reach me at cosmicbouncehouse@gmail.com

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file