2 trucks 1 load

Rick S. shared this question 18 months ago
Awaiting Reply

How do you assign 2 or more trucks to 1 event?

Comments (9)

photo

Good morning, you would just need to add the vehicles as shifts on the lead, as 2 different trucks.

photo

So, there is no way in routing to do that?

photo

I like to have both a drop and a pick up for each truck if possible and we had heard that is something that you were doing.  Being able to have 2 truck assigned in routing.  

Thanks. 

photo

It's coming in the new route planner. The current one doesn't allow for it in the planner itself.

photo

Do you know when the new route planner will be implemented?

Thank you.

photo

I asked last week, and the answer is: No ETA at this time. It has taken a back seat to other projects.

photo

OK, thank you for your reply.

photo
photo

Here is an article on Delivery/Routing.

https://rental.software/support/knowledge-base/article/delivery-how-to-use

This part inparticular

Delivery Crew SchedulingYou can schedule the delivery crew by clicking the calendar next to each vehicle name. These shifts will be created on each lead that is assigned to that vehicle. So if a delivery and a return for the same lead is scheduled on the same vehicle, a shift will be created for both the delivery and the return. These shifts are linked to the vehicle, so that if you make adjustments and save the routing page, they will be adjusted as well.

You’ll be able to see the shifts that are linked to the vehicle on the schedule tab and will still be able to create shifts that are not linked (for event staffing).

photo

Thanks for that info, do you know when the new route planner will be up and running?

Thanks. 

photo

We don't have a definite date yet.

photo

OK, Thank you.  

photo

Rick, my favorite way to do this - other than hope for the new planner to be released - is by creating a fake lead for one of the trucks. Here's what you need to do: Make a copy of the lead. Delete all the items, and "Quick add" a line item that says something like "Routing only". Make sure the total price on the lead is $0. Turn off auto emails for that lead, so your customer doesn't get any weird reminders. Optional: set a reminder to move employee shifts to the real lead and delete the fake lead after the event if you don't want a fake lead in your system.

It may sound like a lot, but it takes less than a minute, and works well.

photo

Thanks Casey, i appreciate the idea.   

Thanks 

Leave a Comment

Attach a file