Required 50% w/Multi Payments until Paid in FULL

David I. shared this question 18 months ago
Answered

In the past, we were told that the system could not require a 50% deposit AND allow multiple payments after the deposit has been satisfied. We have customer that want to make multiple payment until their balance is satisfied.

IE. Wedding Bride reserves rental items with a 50% deposit but wants to pay bi-weekly until paid in full. Our wedding is months away.

Is the above scenario an option? In the past, we were told that in order for the system to allow multiple payments it couldn't be just limited to after the deposit. As a result, a customer can make a smaller payment that doesn't satisfy our 50% deposit requirement

Comments (2)

photo

Could you just set your deposit smaller? Set it at say 25% and then allow them to make payments?

photo

Yes but 50% gives us better cash flow plus a 25% deposit doesn’t stop a customer making a $50 payment and tying up equipment.

Just to confirm, the system can not satisfy both requirements:

1- Require a 50%

2-Allow for multiple payment once their initial 50% deposit has been satisfied.

photo

What we had problems with was clients making a $100.00 deposit when the REQUIRED deposit was $500.00 but still allowing clients to make as many payments as necessary once they made their REQUIRED deposit.

photo

If they pay their deposit and then have left over balance they should be able to pay as many payments as they want to pay that balance.

photo

cf2bc8b5801e58c5863b632c13422148

This is the issue. People using the "Other Amount" prior to satisfying the REQUIRED DEPOSIT 1st. Is there a way to eliminate the "Other Amount" payment option until the deposit is satisfied?

photo

You can use "other amount" more than once

photo
photo

I see they have the option to pay the "other" amount on the contract. This would allow them to pay any amount they want after the deposit...not just the balance. Any time the customer clicks on the contract they would be able to pay on the balance...any amount they wish.

photo

Hi Susan, Not sure that my question was answered directly. Can I.O. satisfy both of the below requirements simultaneously:

1- Require a 50%

2-Allow for multiple payment once their initial 50% deposit has been satisfied.

photo

If there is a balance on the lead it should allow payments. Has this been tried?

photo

I've tried myself but I cannot find a lead that has a balance w/ a payment on it already...they all have a 0 balance

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file