website down

Jim C. shared this question 18 months ago
Answered

website down

Comments (1)

photo

seems to be working for us?

photo

received word from customer it was down. Confirmed by three employees in different locations with different devices - "page cannot be reached"

photo

elfpros.com not available

elfpros.com/wp-admin not available

screenshot attached

photo

Clearly it is not up and running. We have received multiple reports from customers that it is not. What is the ip address that you guys used when moving the site from development?

we need to get this straight ASAP as you have caused us an awful lot of extra work and problems with your launching service in the last 18 hours.

photo

Here is what we see:

7b43d6f8dbe0475e23a011eb75d388ee

f9ddf6f97380575528ad952060f85dd4

2b38194cfc042bf6e11361b0e9241971

Please have your employees and whoever else is seeing that error message clear their cache and try again. The site is up.

photo

We have had MULTIPLE customers say that it is NOT up. I can log into admin just like you can from IO, but that does NOT mean that it is displaying to customers. if we attempt to go to elfpros.com/wp-admin outside and way from IO, that does not work either. If I look at the DNS propagation records, they are all red x's that mean it is not up. Do you have a support representative that is capable of understanding this problem and troubleshooting?

photo

I have just spoken to GoDaddy who is our domain registrar where our DNS files are managed. They also confirmed that the site is not visible. They have confirmed the DNS is configured correctly on their end. They gave me instructions to contact the host - that is you IO, and find out why the site is not visible. The problem is confirmed to be IO related.

photo

I contacted Godaddy to see if they could help me narrow down where the issue is originating from. Here is what I got from talking with them:

353a10a44bc478218260aa44e03ce85b

So, it could have been a temporary problem where you were getting that error message. It does not seem to be a problem any longer. If you are still seeing the error message, please clear your cache and try it again.

photo

The site is not loading on microsoft edge, but loads for me in chrome and duck duck go. I don't think we are going to be able to tell all of our customers to clear their cache to get to our site

photo

It is still a problem. I just spoke to GoDaddy for over 20 minutes. Your chat was very short and you told them that you are not having a problem. We get, on average, 1-2 web submissions per hour during awake hours, and we've gotten that for weeks. Today, we have gotten ZERO and we have had multiple customers call and say that our website is down. It is not possible to tell a customer that we have never met before attempting to have their first experience and impression with our business .... to clear their cache. Is it even possible that someone there might be able to answer a telephone and talk to me, or call me? We need to get this resolved before you guys close at 5PM in two hours and leave this problem for another day like you did to us yesterday.

photo

We have changed some settings and confirmed that your site is propagating on all the main browsers. I spoke with Ryan via phone to confirm that microsoft edge was seeing the site.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file