child related item quantity number

Ryan F. shared this question 18 months ago
Awaiting Reply

I have 3 Extra large 5 n 1 combos and 4 large castles. I created a child Christmas combo and Christmas castle. There is only a Christmas banner, so I made the quantity 1, but it changed the quantity of the main parent item to 1. I went back and changed the main parent item back to the correct quantity, and it changed the child item quantity. The child item quantity comprises the banner accessory with 1 quantity. Will this prevent the booking of two Christmas castles because there is only 1 accessory banner that makes up this item even though the inventory says 4?

Comments (4)

photo

I am having the same issue when it comes to cocktail and cafe tables. They use the same tops, bases, buthave different length stems. I have the parent/child relation set up but I need each item to show a different quantity. Is there a way to do this?

photo

Ryan, normally you would make the banners accessories of the combo and then show as rental items. This isn't how you would set this up

photo

Karen, if the items cannot be linked if they need to have more than one parent..maybe that's the issue you are having...if so you may have to set up with them instead having required accessories? Instead of relationships?

photo

the only issue with that is they use the same tops. so right now the way i have them set up is if someone rents a cafe table, it also takes it out of the cocktail table inventory. that way i am not over renting either item.

photo

So it's multiple tables that use the same tops?

photo

yes

photo

You can go to the accessory area of each table and add the tops as accessories and put in the required spot how many of each.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file