Rental Item as Packlist item

Jessie O. shared this question 19 months ago
Answered

Is it possible to add a rental as a packlist item for a related item so that the added rental shows grouped?

For example, we rent 6ft tables. We also rent games that include 1 table at no cost. Would like to add the table to the game packlist, so that an order with 5 tables and 1 game would generate a packlist with 6 tables. The table is not optional, id like it to be added automatically and not visible to the customer. Is this possible?

Comments (11)

photo

Hi Jessie,

Yes this should be something that we can do within the software. We can do this for you if you'd like. Just let us know which games and which table would be included with the games are.

Thank you!

photo

Thank you, The games would be:

Balloon Blast

Bottle Bash

Down a Clown Game

Fish Bowl Toss

Leaping Lizards

Monster Blast

Ring Toss Game

Skeeball Game

The table would be the 6ft Banquet Table

Thanks again

photo

Thank you. I just want to be clear, the table is the 6ft Banquet Table?

photo

yes, thats right.

photo

This has been completed for you!

photo

Thank you, but it looks like tables were just added as an accessory and not combining with the actual table inventory. The vehicle packslip still shows two different entries, 1 for the tables and 1 for "add to games" tables.

photo

Hi Jessie,

What we had to do was make a copy of the 6ft tables in your inventory and mark them as a hidden required accessory.

We linked the original tables and the hidden copy tables as parent/child items so that your inventory count of tables would show correctly. (Example, there are 51 tables in your inventory. If a customer were to rent a game, they would automatically get a table at no cost, and there would still be 50 tables available to rent)

We also went into each game and added the 6ft table as a packing list item.

Jen created a fake lead to show you how this is going to show on your lead and the packing list: 11731065

If you take a look at the lead, she added 1 game and the table was automatically added as an accessory. She also added 6 more tables to be rented.

20b5d8f6e9f150bdb301856d7083b28c

The above screenshot shows the Down a Clown Game and underneath it is the no cost table. After that, the 6 tables tables are listed as well.

I hope this makes sense.

Please let us know if you have questions.

Thank you!

photo

Thanks Brittany, but I was really looking for the rental item to be combined on the vehicle packlist (we already had them set up as accessories previously) as the other way tends to cause a little confusion. Thanks for trying, can you please revert to the version prior to the recent changes?

photo

Good morning, this is combined on your packing list, please take a look at the screenshot below. The game was added with the table showing only to you not your customer as part of the game on the packing list, your customers are not going to even see the table until they get the delivery, we have it hidden to the customer. We had to set it up as an accessory and parent/child in order for it to calculate your total correctly. But we can certainly change if back for you if you would like us to? I did another test quote as a customer and it does not show to the customer on the quote.

photo

We had the table set as an accessory previously but it still caused some errors which is why I had asked if an alternate solution was available.

The current setup is still charging the customer an additional $10 for the cost when it should be at no cost

The vehicle packlist does not show combined totals for tables, it shows them separately - 1 total for tables and another for "add tables". Additionally, only the regular tables show on the checklist and the add tables do not. I was hoping to have vehicle packlist show the tables all together, regardless of whether they were "add tables" or regular orders.

Sounds like this is something outside of the capability of the software? If those cant be corrected, please revert to the old version.

photo

I have removed everything we have done, I unlinked the parent/child relationship and removed the tables that were added as accessories and removed them from the packing list. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks

Leave a Comment

Attach a file