Sales Tax Included in Price

Chloe C. shared this question 28 days ago
Answered

Id like to include sales tax within the price of my product. For instance, my slide costs $350 to rent and sales tax is 6.5%. Instead of doing 350 + 6.5% = 372.25 , I want to do 328.64 + 6.5% = 350.

I want my website to say the slide is 350 without any additional fees. So I want the sales tax to be included in the price. The department of Revenue said I need to make sure the customer can see the sales tax on their invoice. I would like the invoice to show

Included Tax $21.36

Slide $350

Is there anyway I can keep $350 displayed on my website, but make the price in IO $328.64 + tax? I dont want to give additional fees to customers after claiming a product is a certain price. But I dont want to get in trouble with the DOR.

Thank you.

This is an example

Comments (1)

photo

IO is not set up to do this inherently. HOWEVER, you can create an inventory optional field for the displayed price. Then use that variable in place of the price variables on the website and invoice/contract.

The downside is that you'd now have 2 places to update pricing. one on the pricing tab where tax is not included in the price and this new optional field that shows the price including tax.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file