sub categories

Ryan F. shared this question 18 months ago
Answered

Is there a way to have sub categories?

I want to create a category to show themed units/banners as the displayed item. I currently have the base item and then they can see pictures of the banner/accessory options when they click on that, but it is not clear and obvious. I'ld like to keep this option and then add the other category of themed inflatables. My concern is I have these themes that can go on 6 different units (med, large, ex large combos, med, large castles) With around 30 banners that is a over a hundred items in one category on one page. Is it possible to have sub categories within a category?

for example they click on the category "themed inflatables" then they see sub categories of med combo, large combo, extra large combo, med castle, large castle, etc. When they click on those sub categories they then see all the themes on that particular item and size?

Comments (3)

photo

I believe it is possible somehow bc Dave Barnes was offering a "plugin" that allowed subcategories with IO. However, I'm not sure how he does it except through possible code. Haven't had the need to dig in to it. All that to say, I believe it's possible but it may be a paid feature for IO or Dave Barnes to do for you.

photo

Thanks for the info! I'll look in that direction if I don't hear anything back from IO

photo
photo

Yes, this would be a paid feature that would be set up by our developers

photo

Okay great. What would be cost estimate on that

photo
photo

We have notified a developer and will update here once we have an estimate.

photo

Ok thanks. Looking forward to a response

photo

Hi Ryan, our developers have created subcategory functionality! A tutorial on how to use this can be found here.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file