Need new template variables for reporting

Matthew G. shared this problem 29 days ago
Awaiting Reply

I am currently building a lead report that I need some of our optional fields listed for.

*additional_notes_1* and *additional_notes_2* were, to my understanding, previously submitted by Nicki G so that we could have a template variable assigned to the optional field we created called "Event Notes" and "Operations Notes."

We currently have optional fields called "Setup Details" and "Load In Details" that we need listed as template variables. Our sales team is supposed to get these details for every event that contracts, but they aren't always perfect; and Operations team as well as myself as the sales manager will use this report to be able to quickly identify upcoming events which we do not have those fields filled out.

Alternatively, I would be fine being able to use the names of optional field templates as report categories, but I feel like that would be harder for you all to do.

Comments (3)

photo

If you are wanting these fields to display the information input on a report, type the optional field name in the column name and select it from the drop down:

724db917a041372c90395fe8de80bcd9

If you are needing to add the details from the field to a template, you can copy the template variable by going to Settings-->Optional Fields-->Open the optional field-->Copy the Template Variable.

97700e8bab71b94955ade73c4e6c07a2

You can then paste this variable in the template you are wanting this information to display.

photo

Thank you- that is helpful. What I wanted originally was to be able to search for those fields via filter, because I specifically want to filter out the events which DO NOT have any value in those particular fields.

That being said, doing this as a report works okay but just adds the step of scrolling through the events which do contain information in those fields.

photo

You can create a filter under Settings-->Filters and add it to the report.

If you are only wanting to see events that do not have that field you can create a filter that looks like this:

5b44067761cda43aaa5fa6edb602c6a4

Leave a Comment

Attach a file