No sales tax on leads created by Elementor form

Casey Z. shared this question 30 days ago
Answered

I made a video to show exactly what is going on

https://vimeo.com/1003297026/e185a8c32f?share=copy

Comments (3)

photo

When these come in you should remove the contact form from the rentals and add an item, change delivery, and save then recalculate and it will prompt to update the taxes.

photo

We do exactly that every time and it doesn't prompt us to update the taxes. We don't have a "recalculate" button, I think that's because we are using autosave.

photo

I've attached screenshot on where to recalculate the lead, it's right next to the total.

photo

Oh, it used to be a checkbox. I didn't see that. Is there any way to fix this so it prompts when we make changes to the lead, or have it add the sales tax if the lead comes in with a Washington address? FYI, I don't need to do any of those other steps. I can simply hit "recalculate" and it prompts me to add the sales tax.

photo

I have a ticket in with developers to see if anything can be done.

photo

The drop off delivery method is from the elementor form. Would you update the form to have a valid delivery method with tax, and see if it fixes the issue?

photo

We did that yesterday. It didn't fix the problem.

photo

Are the new leads still coming in as "Drop off" delivery method?

photo

No, they come in as "TBD"

photo
photo

All forms built in Elementor come into the software via our "Contact Us" form. That form does not run through the normal more intense calculations that the quote form does, which is why tax comes in empty. Originally contact us leads did not have addresses such that when you put in an address, it would fix the tax. Auto save is waiting for you to change the event address before it triggers a tax update. Typing in a different street address and selecting one from the list should trigger taxes to be calculated. I'll see if we can make an exception for those type of leads.

photo

That makes sense. Thanks

photo
photo

There is a little refresh button next to the total. Try that to see if it looks up the tax rate. I think it will. That and changing the address should do it. There is a delay. That's all I can do for you on this currently as the contact form that is used for those elementor forms is not meant to handle lead calcs.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file