Duplicate leads

Chad B. shared this question 20 months ago
Answered

All of my elementor forms are starting to create duplicate leads and I'm not sure why.

https://vimeo.com/745575438/11e5bac421

Comments (21)

photo

I have a developer taking a look!

photo

Hi Chad, we've had a developer look into this. He has made some changes and fixed the issue. Please let us know if you still experience any problems.

photo

Sure, Chad, no problem. Here are details from our developer: "The issue is we had a method in the IO-Kenos theme files that would create a lead when an Elementor form was submitted on their website. I’ve moved that method into our plugin files, but for some reason there are cases where our theme will not auto update for people so it would submit twice cause it exists in the theme and plugin. I’ve removed it from the theme for him so it should be good now."

I hope this helps.

photo

Hi Chad, I have a designer taking a look at it. I will email you once we have a resolution or next step.

photo

Good morning Chad, our designer made some changes on your site. Can you confirm if this fixed the event notes issue?

photo

Thanks for looking into this, Chad. I will have a developer look into it again and resolve it.

photo

Hi Chad, I had our lead developer look into this. I wish I had better news. From the developer: "The additional fields coming through is part of the functionality so we can capture all fields that are part of the elementor form. it’s not customizable."

I realize that this is not a resolution. If you find that this additional info in the event notes is totally unacceptable, let me know and I will see if there are any other options.

photo

Hi Chad, Can you do a hard refresh (ctrl+F5) on your site and tell me if the problem persists? Thanks

photo

Here's a quick video hopefully illustrating the overall problem. Let me know if you can't hear me.

https://vimeo.com/747744810/1b9701bdc6

photo

We have viewed your video and are looking into it. We will update you as soon as we know more.

photo

We’ve adjusted the form to remove some common fields that are propagating data into event notes including the page URL.

Any custom fields that don’t match will still show. These can be resolved by adjusting the elementor form field name to match an IO form input field name.

We have also adjusted these field names to match the IO form input field names. This should resolve the issue with extra event note data.

photo

Excellent! We're glad that helped.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file